Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese civil and combat lid

Article about: I actually forgot I had these, got them years ago, and during our recent move, found them in the botom of a box that had been unopened since I moved out of the living in lines and has been k

?

Default Japanese civil and combat lid

I actually forgot I had these, got them years ago, and during our recent move, found them in the botom of a box that had been unopened since I moved out of the living in lines and has been kicking around with me since....

1 Japanese combat lid, with tag....1944 Admiralty Isalnds, US made tag

1 Civil lid with repro Star, and period writing...

Is there anyone who can translate this??? would like to know what it says

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese civil and combat lid   Japanese civil and combat lid  

Japanese civil and combat lid   Japanese civil and combat lid  

Japanese civil and combat lid  

?

Default Re: Japanese civil and combat lid

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Is there anyone who can translate this??? would like to know what it says
    I have some of the story....

Middle left picture, right to left, first 2 characters, 'Shichi Taka' a county (or something similar), 3rd 'Cho', village, 4th 'Kai' group, 5th number 10, 6th number 5, 7th 'section'.

Top right, a bit more difficult, reading right to left, first 2 characters are a family name and the second 2 a first name, but I don't have a translation becuase it could be multiple pronunciations. The last 2 charcaters have thrown her completely and she even resorted to Google for help but didn't come up with anything that made sense, but as this is a CD helmet based on the options I was given (one being 'arse') I think it is 'Accounting', possibly for the department they worked in. I'll let you know if I get anything clearer.

Steve.

?

Thankyou very much for your time and effort....so in a nutshell, it's a name with a location of the unit/area this belonged to.....

Well done Steve! Cool lid AMTG, I have yet to pick one up.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]