Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Look what i found in iraq

Article about: yep thats the one. ill post some more pics of it up-also i looked online and cant find any for sale at all. are they rare to come across?

Default Look what i found in iraq

I found this little guy in an iraqi army compound last week. I had to climb over a hesco barrier and into an old trench then back up another sand filled hesco barrier where it rested on top. It was covered in dirt and sand but cleaned up real nice. Only a couple small rust spots with at least 90% + green paint,intact leather chin strap and leather band still looks good. Has to be from when saddam was in power. I dont know how many years its been there but im taking this bad boy home. Ill send more pics if anyone is interested !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Look what i found in iraq  

Default Re: Look what i found in iraq

Looks good. How strict is the military with sending stuff home?

I had one of these bad boys in my hands in Kuwait JUST before the ground offensive started..I was the "honest" guy and told my First Sgt that I wanted to go to the Post Office to send back home, he cock blocked me and told me that there was a ban on sending spoils of war items home..There was for weapons, but our chain of command FAILED to tell us that it was for weapons only..I would be willing to bet that he kept it and took home in his duffel bag..

Can you get another possibly?? LOL

Bigredone, don't know where you are over there but if you ever get by the Crossed Swords in Baghdad they were laying in piles all over the place, at least they were in 05. Nice pick up and good luck. John

great find! that looks like a Romanian M73 helmet ! here is a photo showing some Afghani troops wearing the same type of helmet

Look what i found in iraqLook what i found in iraqLook what i found in iraq
    Last edited by battle gear; 01-28-2011 at 09:37 AM.

.....GREAT find dude...im into iraqi stuff too...can i show you some of my helmets??....would be good to start an iraqi thread...Steve

I did not know Iraq used these M73's as well! Nice find.

As a Dutchman I am always interested in this helmet type.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Emile

i was there last week and there gone for the most part. they took down a couple of the crossed swords too

yeah i didnt know what type it was but i do know they used a variety of helmets

yeah bro send it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast