Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M 1-C / M 1 Variant...as was used by the United Arab Emigrates and or Saudi Arabia...

Article about: These particular helmets were thought to have been used during the time of the first Gulf War...The helmet body and liner have been painted in a two tone desert swirl camo pattern which appe

?

Default M 1-C / M 1 Variant...as was used by the United Arab Emigrates and or Saudi Arabia...

M 1-C / M 1 Variant...as was used by the United Arab Emigrates and or Saudi Arabia...
    These particular helmets were thought to have been used during the time of the first Gulf War...The helmet body and liner have been painted in a two tone desert swirl camo pattern which appears to have been factory applied the shell as can be seen from the images is sporting tan cotton webbing which I noted was devoid of the small ends with the female snaps for attaching to the liner as we are accustomed to seeing on other production M 1-C helmets ...
    With that said the liner is as well devoid of it's male counterpart for attaching the helmets chinstrap to the side of liner as can be seen in the images the liners webbing including the A yokes is also constructed with cotton tan webbing and is in the US P-64 style..
    It has been suggested that the liner's in these may have been manufactured in Taiwan and or South Korea for export I wish I had more information to share about these particular helmets but this is only the third example I have come across in multiple on line searches...
    It does closely match my ground troops version which is sporting the same camo pattern on the helmet body and liner if any one has any information that they could share I would be great-full as I have hit a brick wall with my research as it were..

Regards Mark

Nice Helmets Mark, and thanks for posting them unfortunately I don't have any information to add.

Matt

Great you have both Ground troops and airborne Variants Mark ,Your comment about the extended chinstraps as found on the US m1c's is a very valid point and something i completely failed to notice when i compared between the examples

?

Thanx James I just wish there was a little more info on these variants but as you well know there is just so little known about them and there seems to be not much rime or reason when comparing the liner construction between my examples and your own...

Regards Mark

I certainly made the most of having two examples in the collection for the short time i did Mark M 1-C / M 1 Variant...as was used by the United Arab Emigrates and or Saudi Arabia...M 1-C / M 1 Variant...as was used by the United Arab Emigrates and or Saudi Arabia...