Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

Article about: my latest buy and an example ive been waiting for for a wee while especially with the correct hessian colouration it has the standard break away chin strap but alas no liner so it now has a

Default Re: m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

Hi james but is hessian the same as burlap?as i've always known these being shown as the fore-mentioned,just curious mate,regards Dave.

?

No worries James, found this site by browsing ..bit of a bonus me thinks!

Yeah totally agree re: the Cammed up 51,very nice example.

Regarding the Flectarn cover,the Belgium Air-force wore a version of Flectarn, not exactly the same as the German version but very similar. There is more info regarding Belgium Flectarn, on the "other" forum.

Hi Dave ,i honestly don't know the differences between burlap and hessian, perhaps the other members can help us out ,and thanks for clearing up the flecktarn issue i will have to do some more research on this Opex ,cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Hi Col. James,

Have a look at the front rim. On the inside there should be a makers mark. possibly LS or U's. Let us know.

Cheers, Emile

?

That's a really good looking helmet James, that camo'd cover really sets it off well.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Hi james but is hessian the same as burlap?as i've always known these being shown as the fore-mentioned,just curious mate,regards Dave.
    Hi Dave,

I have heard burlap and hessian used to describe the same thing many times.
    So for my money, they are the same thing mate.
    Having said that, if anyone knows differently, please feel free to chime in

Brad.

?

Quote by col james View Post
    hi dave ,i honestly dont know the differences between the burlap and hessian perhaps the other members can help us out ,and thanks for clearing up the flectarn issue i will have to do some more research on this opex cheers james
    I think burlap is the word used by our American cousins for hessian. Same difference!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 12-24-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for the compliments chaps ,Emile I've had a close look and stamped into the crimped outer rim is L S 176 ,what does this denote please i'm intrigued now ,regards james
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Ok so after doing some background research i believe the manufacturer to be Linnemann & Schnetzer from ,Ahlen ,Germany LS 176 could be translated as jan 1976
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Hi Col. James,

You are correct. Linnemann & Schnetzer and 1976. LS made a large amount for the Netherlands since 1958, when home production stopped.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi Emile and thanks for confirming my research on the manufacturer ,1976 so the lid is 36 years old ,not as modern as i first thought, thanks again and all the best to you for the new year,James
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast