Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

Article about: my latest buy and an example ive been waiting for for a wee while especially with the correct hessian colouration it has the standard break away chin strap but alas no liner so it now has a

Default m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

My latest buy and an example I've been waiting for for a wee while especially with the correct hessian colouration it has the standard break away chin strap but alas no liner so it now has a spare us liner that i had knocking about m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Default Re: m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

Quote by col james View Post
    my latest buy and an example ive been waiting for for a wee while especially with the correct hessian colouration it has the standard break away chin strap but alas no liner so it now has a spare us liner that i had knocking about enjoy james m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)
    Hi James the shell does looks like the Dutch 80ties clone,theres a lot here that they are trying to sell. But there are so much of these clones that the sellers are stuck with it I think for life Ive got 2 of them with original liners. But even though they are not rare they can't be missed in a army lid collection.

?

Hi James.

I really like this one, especially with the Hessian cover, and net!

Another fine example of the "Euro Clone" M1.

I will have a look through my collection to see if I have a spare liner for you.

Thanks HC your right ,an example should be in every helmet collection and thanks for your thoughts ,and cheers opex i'm glad you popped in to have a look and your a gent on that liner ,it you haven't got one it's not a problem .Please don't feel obliged pal here it is on display m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:30 PM.

?

Quote by col james View Post
    cheers HC your right ,an example should be in every helmet collection and thanks for your thoughts ,and cheers opex im glad you popped in to have a look and your a gent on that liner ,it you havent got one its not a problem please dont feel obliged palhere she is on display m1 clone pickup (dutch m53)

No worries James, if you get to the stage where you are hitting a dead end sourcing a liner, give me a shout!

As ever your display's are brilliant mate, what is the lid above the Dutch model, the one with the beachside out Mitchell cover on....Austrian ??

Yes your right Opex its the Austrian stalhelm 1 and thanks for the offer if i'm stuck cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:30 PM.

?

Cool ...I correctly Id'd that one..LOL

No worries again Mate!

You were spot on opex , i'd like to find out more info on the hessian colouration, i wonder if dyes were hand applied randomly by brush or sprayed on if anybody can help
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:31 PM.

?

Very good point James, and something I have thought about before, but never found any definitive answers too!

Belgian helmet covers

According to the website above the Hessian was hand brushed, makes sense, as in pictures of Dutch troops wearing these lids, no two lids look the same!

Hope this helps Mate.

Thanks Opex, that Belgian link is great and I've never seen this one before ,i really like the camoed m51 ,i'd really like an example like that so another one on my radar for 2013 ,what baffles me though is a reference to the BW B828 airborne lid with flectarn cover am i missing something here cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast