Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 helmet clone

Article about: First post to this forum, and looking forward to some info. Ppicked this helmet up and was wondering if anyone could help me with its nationality. Doesnt have a removable liner like the stan

Default M1 helmet clone

First post to this forum, and looking forward to some info.

Ppicked this helmet up and was wondering if anyone could help me with its nationality.

Doesnt have a removable liner like the standard US M1 helmet.

The chin strap is also different. I don't think its terribly old.

I look forward to your replies
    Ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet clone   M1 helmet clone  

M1 helmet clone   M1 helmet clone  

Default Re: M1 helmet clone

This helmet puzzles me. To my mind this is not a European or US lid. It is likely an Asian (Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka?) or African (Morocco?) helmet.

On the other hand the liner/chinstrap arrangement reminds me of French products. Close but not identical.

Are there any markings in the rim or in the liner? What do the liner fasteners look like? Where did you pick it up?

I hope someone will be able to give a definte ID.
    Cheers,
    Emile

Many thanks emileverbunt for your reply,I was thinking maybe Asian at a Quess.I got The helmet in New Zealand but it is Defiently not a New Zealand issue helmet,the only markings I can find are a few numbers on the plastic chin strap buckle,any help IDing the helmet will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Ian

these Pakistani soldiers have a plastic chin cup on their helmet that looks very similiar to the helmet you have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet clone   M1 helmet clone  

here's another Pakistani army photo , notice the soldier in the middle has a quick release plastic buckle on his chin strap and also the same type of chin cup.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet clone  

Thank you battle gear for the photos, Maybe we could be getting warm,but looking at these helmets they seem to have removable liners and they dont seem to have the Y style fixings for the chin straps.Any other thoughts on country of origin will always be appreciated,The mystery continues.

Brasso37

I have been looking back on older postings about unidentified helmets. There are not that many that haven't been resolved, even less I can make much headway with. But I persevere. Anyway, I did, I believe, make a positive identification on this one.

It does have a remarked-upon Asian and possible Chinese look, and that is what it is (unless someone can prove otherwise). I finally found it on some Chinese trade pages here - Steel US M1 War Game Helmet with double layer - Product Picture From Nanchang Jiandun Industrial Company Limited
    and here - Steel US M1 military safety Helmet with double layer - Product Picture From Nanchang Jiandun Industrial Company Limited .

So we can reasonably believe it is a Chinese commercial product of Nanchang Jiandun Industrial for...well, who knows what its for. As far as I know this isn't known to be used by any military force, but could be police or militia..somewhere.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    I have been looking back on older postings about unidentified helmets. There are not that many that haven't been resolved, even less I can make much headway with. But I persevere. Anyway, I did, I believe, make a positive identification on this one.

Greg, you have done it again! Your persistance in identifying some of these obscure helmets must be applauded. - Russ

Many thanks Greg, I think you hit the nail on the head,mystery solved I think

Thank you Ian

thanks for sharing your unusual m1 ian
    Last edited by James C; 11-25-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast