Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1 wwII ?

Article about: Greetings, I bought an M1 helmet, which was sold to me as a WWII helmet . I'm not sure if the helmet is an original WWII model even though it has a front seam. It is a swivel bail helmet and

Default M1 wwII ?

Greetings,

I bought an M1 helmet, which was sold to me as a WWII helmet . I'm not sure if the helmet is an original WWII model even though it has a front seam. It is a swivel bail helmet and has the number 642B stamped underneath at the front of the helmet, no further markings, it could be a McCord. The helmet is non magnetic. The camouflage paint is for sure not original. As to the liner I'm convinced that it is a late 1950's model. This speaks for the dome "Capac" stamping of the liner and the dark green olive drab of the HBT cloth. Any advise is welcome.

Thank you
    SkipM1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?

?

Default Re: M1 wwII ?

The shell is WWII Period, liner I think is early-post war. Camo on the helmet /MAY/ be original. It's not unheard of.

Martin

?

1951/1952 liner, 1985 it looks like sweatband. The pot is dated to around August 1942, possibly a refurbed fixed bale.
    Not sure of the camo as you say, is there any prominence with the helmet?

Best Regards,

Andy

no there is no prominence

looks like a refurbished helmet somebody decorated and pieced together for reenactment, the camo looks pretty recent

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    looks like a refurbished helmet somebody decorated and pieced together for reenactment, the camo looks pretty recent
    Probably right. It looks pretty enough as a display item though. It could use a roll in the dirt perhaps.............................

Andy

Thank you for your inputs. I returned the helmet back to the dealer I bought it from under the condition it to be "all" original WWII. I got a full refund and bought different items instead.

Two of these items I cannot identify which era they actually are. How can you tell the difference from a WWII canteen cover and belt from Vietnam, Korean war, if there is any. The canteen that is in the canteen cover is marked U.S. A.G.M> CO. 1942. The cover seems to have a marking on the side which is not readable anymore, I see no further markings on the cover. The medical pouch on the belt is marked Interdependent. ? 1943 that is attached to the belt, but this does not make the belt 1943, a slight U.S. is still visible on the belt. In the pouch is what I believe to be a can opener I don't know which era this opener is from.

I would like to ask for help. I'm relative new to WWII items.

Thank you
    skip

M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?M1 wwII ?