|<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: M15 French Adrian help needed

I prefer my first wife, she looked smarter also

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Thanks guys, chris you have some truly priceless helmets from your pappy's, I am envious. This helmet will arrive to me soon, I just wanted a nice complete example of a french helmet and the WW2 M26 models all seemed to be different parts or really banged up and hard to find complete enough to my liking, Next on my list is a doughboy.
    Thank you.
    I am not into doughboy helmet but I am looking to buy one from Meuse Argonne we will see.
    chris

Yea doughboys arent that appealing but I would like to have one to just to have one, something with camo paint or maybe named and unit ID'd would be nice.

Update-
    Got my Adrian today, it is really nice and plenty of character, a few small dings here and there, but paint and everything else is original, the helmet almost looks a dark green but I think its just the aging/patina of the original blue which still peaks through in places, unless it was painted green at one point and it faded off, the liner has blue felt underneath, I did change out the liner drawstring, it had some kind of modern blue stretchy string and I put in a nice old piece of twine which fits much better to the age. here are my pics!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0634.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	526038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0635.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	312.4 KB 
ID:	526039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0638.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	284.1 KB 
ID:	526041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0636.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	526040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0637.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	526042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0639.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	526043

When watching the first pictures I believed it to be a period dark blue repaint, but seeing as it is green I think this one has been interwar repainted and continued maybe even for WWII. I'll leave the specifics for the true adrian experts.

I am 99% positive, that the green paint on your M/15 looks the same as the green paint on my French M/26.
    It is as if the green paint job is very thin, and with time, the original blue paint shines though. As you mentioned yourself.

However, it is a nice, complete and honest helmet.

?

Bit late in the day really, but I really like the look of this one, I would be very proud to have this one in my own collection, congrats!!!

So you got a helmet that had two life even better.
    chris

Two lives for one price lol, its really hard to judge the color in hand because in some light it could just be oxidization and age making it look greenish blue, and in other light it tends to look lighty painted green and fading, either way its one of my favorites now, these thin lighter 3 piece ones were made to prevent head injuries from shrapnel while in the trenches and not meant to stop a bullet, the later M26 model was a heavier one piece construction more worthy of combat, I love getting a piece and then researching and learning more about it, helps bring it to life and makes me feel smart lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast