Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m16 or m18 ?

Article about: Hi... This is my newest helmet. I don't know if it is a m16 or a m18? Does anybody know what the white thing inside is? is it original? yours, OrangeSoldier

Default m16 or m18 ?

Hi...

This is my newest helmet.
    I don't know if it is a m16 or a m18?

Does anybody know what the white thing inside is? is it original?

yours,
    OrangeSoldier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m16 or m18 ?   m16 or m18 ?  

m16 or m18 ?   m16 or m18 ?  

Default Re: m16 or m18 ?

Mate, where's the pic?

oh...sorry.
    look above.
    What do you think is its price?

I have no idea about this one, but for sure it ain't M18.

?

not sure about this one it seems to have to many rivet holes for the liner ??????

Those chinstrap lugs make it an M16......in the condition that it's in....I'd say $50-$75US. It's pretty salty and it's more a shell than anything else. Not sure what that white elastic is ...... If you're considering buying this - I would suggest you wait for something nicer if possible. There are better out there and these helmets don't command the same higher prices found on TR pieces.

Good luck!

Rob

Too many holes! Yes....you're right....I'm now thinking it isn't German or Austrian. Finnish perhaps???? Not sure....but certainly not German or Austrian!

Rob

well...I'm a pupil but I work here in germany in a place where people throw their rubbish. today somebody threw this one away so I took it.
    So I think it is german because many men of my village faught in WW1.
    Sure it isn't german?
    In which year was it produced then?

Hallo O.S. - You can't go wrong with a free helmet liberated from the rubbish!! Those holes on the side of the helmet make me think it's from another country though. You can see on the left side of the helmet - under the air vent lug - another split pin. German helmets did not have that there. There should only be three split pins on german helmets: one on each side (10 and 2 o'clock) and one at the back.
    The little holes are also not found on German examples. I'm sure someone will be able to chime in and tell us what country it's from.
    Cheers!
    Rob
    PS.....Thank you for keeping this historical artifact out of the landfill! It's important that we keep this military artifacts - regardless of the country they come from. A true piece of history!

?

yes its a German ww1 m17 helmet but has had some extra holes drilled into it for some reason or another maybe to hold / refit a different type of liner post war who knows maybe someone here will but could be another mystery ??????
    Attached Images Attached Images m16 or m18 ?  m16 or m18 ? 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast