Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot

Article about: Hi Guys, Hope this isn't too boring, but I got a new camera, and decided to re-shoot some of my helmets. This is my Czech reissued (ex-vz20.) M17 Austrian I posted here a while back. Complet

?

Default M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot

Hi Guys,

Hope this isn't too boring, but I got a new camera, and decided to re-shoot some of my helmets.
    This is my Czech reissued (ex-vz20.) M17 Austrian I posted here a while back.
    Complete with paper sticker inside back of skirt,
    denoting the owner's title of "Výpravčí" or "station dispatcher".

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot   M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot  

M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot   M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot  

M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot   M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot  

M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot  

Default Re: M1917 Czech reissued Austrian (ex-vz20.) Re-shoot

Very nice helmet. Do you know if the Czechs exported these or if they were used by anyone else?

How much are they worth. There's one for sale out here. Thanks.

?

Quote by dastier View Post
    Very nice helmet. Do you know if the Czechs exported these or if they were used by anyone else?

How much are they worth. There's one for sale out here. Thanks.
    Thanks, I've seen these reissued by the Germans in ww2, with changes made to them, such as different liners, and liner retaining
    rivets etc.
    Kradspam has a very nice DD Heer transitional, that is likely one of these, discussed on the GHW forum.
    As well as another with different paint finish. (see links below).
    Board Message
    Board Message
    As for value, that varies of course with condition and demand for them, as with most things.
    I would expect to pay anywhere between $300-400 US for one in good condition, but that's just me.
    Hope this helps

Brad.

Thanks Lidman. After at least a year of not selling the Czech helmet in question where I live sold - right after I asked you about the value of such helmets.

Coincidence? I don't know. But it was priced more than double your estimate and not as nice as yours. I had thought about it, but as it didn't fit into my area of specialization for collecting, I'm not upset that it sold.

very nice helmet !

?

Quote by dastier View Post
    Thanks Lidman. After at least a year of not selling the Czech helmet in question where I live sold - right after I asked you about the value of such helmets.

Coincidence? I don't know. But it was priced more than double your estimate and not as nice as yours. I had thought about it, but as it didn't fit into my area of specialization for collecting, I'm not upset that it sold.
    Wow, double the price! I guess I am a bit out of touch
    But as you say, it sat for over a year without selling, and in the end it comes down to what someone is willing to pay.
    I got lucky when I picked up mine, the price was very good, and I just liked the look of it.
    It doesn't really fit into my real area of interest, other than the fact it is a helmet, and is of Austrian origins.

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Wow, double the price!

...It doesn't really fit into my real area of interest, other than the fact it is a helmet, and is of Austrian origins.

Brad.
    Brad,

I felt the same way when I first saw it. The Baltics/Central Europe between the wars is a little collecting niche for me.

I saw it, liked it, thought about it, but it was priced too high imho. I would have only paid $400-$450 for it.

Nice helmet but not worth $700 to me. With my luck though, I'll never have the opportunity again.