Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

m1975 stalhlhelm 1

Article about: hi folks just to show my latest lid an austrian m1975 its in the us m1 style 2 part construction of steel helmet and plastic liner its dated 1981 enjoy james

Thanks chaps and also for the pointers on the missing webbing ,it's news to me as i didn't realise they was extra webbing above the liner fingers as the liner came as was ,but as iv'e never had it i wont miss it
    Last edited by James C; 07-17-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    Regards James

?

Looks good with the Erbsentarn cover on her James I seem to remember reading some were that there was no official helmet cover produced in this camo pattern not positive on this information though can any one clarify this as true or false.
    I should have read Gary's link I guess as it answered my question.
    Regards Mark

cheers mark
    Regards James

Well my research on the liner webbing has taken a turn after it was mentioned it was missing from my example ,iv'e looked over the liner in great detail and there are no signs of it ever being fitted or ripped out for that matter ive also found another similar example whilst browsing the web stated as the Austrian m1 but also the gentleman has the m75 in there too so im a tad confused ,i noticed mine has a HBA stamp of 1981 so could i have a later variation where the webbing was discontinued ,inside my liner there is webbing but just a thin band for the head adjustment ,the plot thickens fellow lid collectorsm1975 stalhlhelm 1m1975 stalhlhelm 1m1975 stalhlhelm 1m1975 stalhlhelm 1
    Last edited by James C; 07-17-2023 at 01:03 PM.
    Regards James

I'm struggling to show the link of the other Austrian m1 for some reason so click here then scroll down to the Austrian section pottakokoelma
    Last edited by James C; 07-17-2023 at 01:04 PM.
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    im struggling to show the link of the other austrian m1 for some reason so click here then scroll down to the austrian section pottakokoelma
    http://koti.aina.net/~mk/pottia/potat/413.htm

I also think it's probably just a later variation if it's dated 1981

but it seems more like an early varient because it's more like the old style? but it's nice to have different varients since it appears it was made that way by the factory.

m1975 stalhlhelm 1
    Last edited by battle gear; 08-07-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks battle gear for bringing up the link ,i couldn't manage it for some reason and i also believe it was purposely manufactured this way
    Last edited by James C; 07-17-2023 at 01:04 PM.
    Regards James

?

Very interesting development on this helmet James, I was not even aware there were was a distinct variant of the Stahlhelm 1, so this is useful information indeed. Lucky so and so for owning one, great thread

Many thanks opex ,the research part is the most rewarding and i was baffled why my webbing was missing so i learn something new on an old helmet from my collection the only downside now is i have to find the webbed liner variant
    Last edited by James C; 07-17-2023 at 01:05 PM.
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks opex ,the research part is the most rewarding and i was baffled why my webbing was missing so i learn something new on an old helmet from my collection the only downside now is i have to find the webbed liner variant
    No worries buddy, and I totally agree the research is the most fascinating aspect of any new addition to a collectors display. These are readily available and cheap which is a bonus. I am after an early one with the little clip on the bale, it's never ending is it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast