Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet

Article about: Hi guys here I have a German paratrooper helmet. This particular model was manufactured by the Schuberth Werke in 1973. Inked on the liner is the number 53 so I assume this is the size? Ther

Default M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet

Hi guys here I have a German paratrooper helmet. This particular model was manufactured by the Schuberth Werke in 1973. Inked on the liner is the number 53 so I assume this is the size? There is also a number 53 marked on the front of the helmet again size??? It is very small and doesn't fit my head but it's in a well used condition. The other odd thing I spotted is the remnants of a Belgium flag decal on the left side of the helmet. Where these used by Belgium forces? Love your input on this one guys. Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet   M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet  

M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet   M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet  

M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet   M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet  

M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet  

Hi Ian,
    a nice paratrooper helmet used by the Belgian Army, compared to its brother used by German Army, it has a slightly modified chinstrap and different bolts.
    The smaller sizes I have seen are 55, if 53 is the size, should be really small.
    Here is the German version for comparison.

Regards
    Roberto

M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet

Thanks Roberto I found this picture with the modified chin strap like my one with this description.
    'Belgian Para-Commando, wearing the mid-1970s Belgian 'Jigsaw' pattern uniform and armed with the Belgian FN FNC 5.56mm assault rifle. He is seen wearing the M71 helmet, a slightly-modified variant of the West German Modell 1A1 LL 'Luftlandetruppenstahlhelm'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet  

Take a look on this thread - Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world - some useful notes on the Belgian helmet, as well as lots of other good stuff.

Ian i have been having a rummage through the junk pile and found a few coverings and nets for your latest helmet pick ups ,the BW amoebatarn zelt sections looks ok when held down with the clipped net but will need your patience as i quickly threw it on ,oh and also i have found a section of K4 pea pattern ( a former jacket hood ) that had been trimmed and stitched into a helmet cover by the former owner and a net Paul kindly gifted me a while back ,i will fire this package across the Mersey asap mateM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet

Not sure the hollow liner bolts are an accurate method of identifying a Belgian issue against Bundeswehr issue ,I picked up this nice M1A1LL with help from our good friend Steve (Oradour ) and noticed the solid liner bolts just as Ian's example shows ... others details to note that do show slight differances between is the liner leather fingers..8 on Ian's 9 on my example and 9 foam spacers between the liner and shell on Ian's and 10 spacers on my example ,i wonder what other minor differances and variations there are out there M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet

Hi, mates,

spotted this thread a short while ago.

It´s an belgian M71 actually.
    Belgian colours removed, (scratched out).
    M1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmetM1A1 LL German paratrooper helmet

belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Belgian paratroopers helmet mfg by West Germany