Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1A1 LL Para helmet

Article about: Hi Guys. Whilst there is nothing rare about this 1967 model of M1A1 LL Para helmet, it is interesting that the original owner,had jumped from a CH-47 (Chinook)) three times, and a C-160 Tran

?

Default M1A1 LL Para helmet

Hi Guys.

Whilst there is nothing rare about this 1967 model of M1A1 LL Para helmet, it is interesting that the original owner,had jumped from a CH-47 (Chinook)) three times, and a C-160 Transall Transport Plane five times.I am not sure however of the the significance of the MER K marked five times??

Hope you too find this interesting,and thanks for looking.

Regards ,Opex

M1A1 LL Para helmet
    M1A1 LL Para helmet
    M1A1 LL Para helmet
    M1A1 LL Para helmet
    M1A1 LL Para helmet

Default Re: M1A1 LL Para helmet

these helmet must have been ok when jamping. i just would have thougth the shape of the helmet would have not been very good in the wind. i like these helmets

very nice LL lid opex ,i think the personal records of the jumps marked on the liner make it even more special ,nice to see so much info on the aircrafts used also ,mine too has the same dashes inked onto the liner leather 16 in total and the word turm (tower) and some X's with the date of 1977 wether it was used on active service i dont know but the chin strap had a field repair at some point in its life,cheers james M1A1 LL Para helmet
    Regards James

?

Hi geelong,thanks for looking.

I would imagine these helmets would have been a vast improvement over the US M2,due to the three point chinstrap, it does make me wonder though what it would have like to jump out of an aircraft with these heavy steel pots??

Thanks again,Opex

?

Hi James, many thanks for the compliment and for comments.

I do not see why these models were not worn on active service, your particular one, has many,many jumps under it's wings so to speak.

I believe mine is missing one of the poppers on the chin strap,as I have seen two fitted on other examples.

I may well try and source a suitable Bundes net,as mine has some markings which I can only assume,was caused by the metal hooks on the West German nets.

Thanks for looking,Opex.

?

These are great looking helmets I used to have, (sadly didn't make the cut when I downsized my collection), it also had the jump marks in it. They are unlikely to have been used on active service as I'm pretty sure the West Germans were not involved in any post war conflict, at least in a combat role. But I think that their paratroopers were a volunteer unit and would have been intensively trained.
    James, yours looks like it has the marks from 2 wearers.
    It's worth having one just to say you have a German para helmet, because for most of us it is the closest we will ever get.
    Steve.

I purchased one off the french seller on ebay who always has them and m71 etc but was very disapointed when it arrived as the return chinstrap clip was missing i contacted him but recieved no reply,should have followed it up,but still a great helmet at a very affordable price..............Jake.

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    These are great looking helmets I used to have, (sadly didn't make the cut when I downsized my collection), it also had the jump marks in it. They are unlikely to have been used on active service as I'm pretty sure the West Germans were not involved in any post war conflict, at least in a combat role. But I think that their paratroopers were a volunteer unit and would have been intensively trained.
    James, yours looks like it has the marks from 2 wearers.
    It's worth having one just to say you have a German para helmet, because for most of us it is the closest we will ever get.
    Steve.

Very good point made, it is most certainly the closest I will ever get to owning a German Para helmet, I would have to re- mortgage my property, and even then would not be sure I got a genuine Fallschirmjäger used piece. LOL

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I purchased one off the french seller on ebay who always has them and m71 etc but was very disapointed when it arrived as the return chinstrap clip was missing i contacted him but recieved no reply,should have followed it up,but still a great helmet at a very affordable price..............Jake.

Hmmm, that's not good at all Jake, but like you say if it was reasonably priced, and does show some signs of a bit of "battle" damage.

Post it up, I'm sure another example would be very appreciated.

Regards.

jake i would keep pestering the seller ,here's mine as it looks now with its ameoba zelt cover and netM1A1 LL Para helmet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast