Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1c clone

Article about: Gulf states m1 but with the nam period M1c style liner, a variation on a similar type as seen in use with coalition forces

Default M1c clone

Gulf states m1 but with the nam period M1c style liner, a variation on a similar type as seen in use with coalition forces M1c cloneM1c cloneM1c clone

Very nice M1 clone James, thanks for posting it and wearing both the chinstraps would get annoying.

Matt

That's a beaut James !!! Is the cover reversed American issue "Nam" type??? Or a home grown cover?!!!

is the shell a Taiwanese export model? they also used South Korean export liners

Thanks chaps ,the mitch cover is just simply a reversable nam period type but i was thinking of adding the us 6 colour cover i have ,the shell is pretty much like the one i posted a while back of which i dont own anymore but this time with the revised liner ,i think when last discussed this m1 style helmet we thought it might be of chinese origin ,i seem to recall battlegear posting a similar airborne liner that was advertised online as an iraqi gulf war bring backM1c cloneM1c cloneM1c clone

?

Many thanks for posting this example James a first for me and an absolute beauty of a helmet and one I would gladly welcome into my collection a little more definative I'D would be good but I just love it all the same .
    So now the hunt is on to see if I can source one for my own collection.

Regards Mark

Hi mark and thanks for commenting the camo pattern is probably to good to have hidden under a cover ,the shell is completely clean with no visible stampings as is the liner ,it was also mentioned in an earlier thread of these style m1 clones of possibly being taiwanese in origin ,as for finding an example i will certainly keep a look out for you

?

Very nice James, a pretty rare helmet and following the research out there it appears to fit nicely in with it being Desert Storm era. Great to see another variation of the M1 helmet, there are some nice reference pictures out there on the web of middle eastern states soldiers wearing these...Saudi I think amongst others

Gary that info is music to my ears ,,thanks for dropping by and commenting

Very nice lid mate!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast