Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m26 adrian north africa helmet

Article about: i picked this up today and just thought i would show this helmet. its a m26 adrian helmet and the badge at the front, i think represents north africa. and i belive this is a early version of

Default m26 adrian north africa helmet

i picked this up today and just thought i would show this helmet. its a m26 adrian helmet and the badge at the front, i think represents north africa. and i belive this is a early version of the badge.
    The chin strap i thought was just a north african improvistion. but not true. this chin strap was orded by french officers. so i would think it can be found on any adrian helmet. so i thought that was a bit different. thanks for looking. and if im wrong on the badge and strap please feel free to correct me. thanks mark. and the other image is where im at with these types of french helmets. i like them a lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m26 adrian north africa helmet   m26 adrian north africa helmet  

m26 adrian north africa helmet   m26 adrian north africa helmet  

Default Re: m26 adrian north africa helmet

I like it! The badge seems to be original to the helmet. The braided chinstrap certainly gives some class to this helmet.

Very nice Adrian helmet. I like the emblem and the chinstrap is also very nice. Great collection of helmets shown as well!
    -Johannes

?

Very nice piece geelong, it is indeed an African troops emblem, the braided chinstrap was a commercially purchased officer item I believe.

It's in Beautiful condition, considering what it has potentially been through, I like this example a lot!!

Regards, Opex.

?

Nice, I think you have a M15 badge on it, I'm not questioning whether it is original to the helmet, which I'm sure it is, but is it mustard coloured paint under the green or is it brass? Strap is great and you don't see many of these helmets in this condition

I'll blow the dust of of mine and add it to the thread if you don't mind, so we can compare the M15 and and M37 badges.
    Steve.

?

Here is my M37 Colonial Adrian which I picked a few years ago in Barcelona (apparently Militaria shops weren't supposed to be on the itinerary for our romantic weekend, so it's the "helmet of shame in our house")
    Steve.

those are nice helmets, I collect adrian helmets, they are very hard to find in original conditon complete with liner, badge, chin strap

the liners & badges are often missing

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Nice, I think you have a M15 badge on it, I'm not questioning whether it is original to the helmet, which I'm sure it is, but is it mustard coloured paint under the green or is it brass? Strap is great and you don't see many of these helmets in this condition

I'll blow the dust of of mine and add it to the thread if you don't mind, so we can compare the M15 and and M37 badges.
    Steve.
    thanks. nice m26 to. the badge on your m26 is the raised version. and there seems to be a mustard paint under top paint on the badge. and you can not see it on the images i put up but the comb to. at first i thought is was brass. but its not a thick paint.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice piece geelong, it is indeed an African troops emblem, the braided chinstrap was a commercially purchased officer item I believe.

It's in Beautiful condition, considering what it has potentially been through, I like this example a lot!!

Regards, Opex.
    thanks opex. it has that been there look.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    those are nice helmets, I collect adrian helmets, they are very hard to find in original conditon complete with liner, badge, chin strap

the liners & badges are often missing
    me to battle gear and yea finding helmet with liner and badge at front and right paint. is hard. thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast