MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M51 Steel Combat Helmet strange liner it seems like its from another helmet

Article about: Let me please know what you guys think? Buy it or leave it?

Default M51 Steel Combat Helmet strange liner it seems like its from another helmet

Let me please know what you guys think?M51 Steel Combat Helmet strange liner it seems like its from another helmet M51 Steel Combat Helmet strange liner it seems like its from another helmet Buy it or leave it?

Default Re: M51 Steel Combat Helmet strange liner it seems like its from another helmet

Would we be able to see more open pictures of the helmet please so we can give a better judgement

Default Re: M51 Steel Combat Helmet strange liner it seems like its from another helmet

Oh wrong I see it now.... its for german helmets only section, sorry guys ... don't know how to undo it

An admin will re-direct the thread dw

Quote by n0valyfe View Post
    Would we be able to see more open pictures of the helmet please so we can give a better judgement
    Yes your right but sorry its not my helmet yet, I wanted a bit more info before I put money and effort into it.

- - Updated - -

Quote by n0valyfe View Post
    An admin will re-direct the thread dw
    Ok I hope so

Moved from the Pre-war Polish forum to the Bundeswehr forum. Hope that this is the appropriate location for this thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A British turtle helmet? with a Belgian liner. ABL (Armée Belge/ Belgisch Leger). That's all I know.

Regards

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Moved from the Pre-war Polish forum to the Bundeswehr forum. Hope that this is the appropriate location for this thread.Regards,Tony
    Tony..I have no idea what this helmet is, not BW or German IMO. World helmets would be a better spot for it..so thats where I have placed it !
    Prost ! Steve.

Well, this is interesting. Its clearly a strange thing, and has caught my eye because of the Belgian liner (I have recently been having a bit of a thing with Belgian helmets). It certainly isn't a British Mk3/4 shell, although it does sorta kinda slightly look like one form the angle, but I'd put money on it being a French Mle51. With a Belgian liner stuck inside it. The thing is of course that the Mle51 is a two-piece helmet like the US M1 and is not drilled for a crown-mounted liner. And such a thing would be completely in the wrong place for practical use. Most peculiar.

What can we say for certain (ish); French Mle51 shell, Belgian liner for either the Mle49 (Mk2 clone) or the short-lived Belgian Mk3 clone. I'm tempted to say that This Child Ain't Right. Can we see a side-on profile shot of the shell for certainty. Don't buy it unless you have a penchant for the unusual and/or cobbled together in a shed.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Moved from the Pre-war Polish forum to the Bundeswehr forum. Hope that this is the appropriate location for this thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    I see its in the world steel helmet section now, thats the good place for this thread I made . I made a newbe mistake thank you for correcting it Tony.

greets...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast