Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Medieval helmet (?) in indonesia

Article about: by feldgrau33 No offense taken. Well i want to know, is this helmet was once belong to the dutchman during colonial era or not? Because i never see a medieval helmet in here. I don't think t

Default Medieval helmet (?) in indonesia

Recently i got this medieval helmet in my hometown, solo. The weight of this helmet is approximately 5 kgs and is still can be wear. The seller said this helmet was part from an 180cm height statue.
    And is there anyone know how old is this helmet and what type of this helmet? And if it's reproduction, from what era this helmet was made. Was it pre world war 2 or post war made?

Default Re: Medieval helmet (?) in indonesia

the helmet was used in europe in the years 1000-1200, but wha you have there is a reproduktion.

Quote by metho31 View Post
    the helmet was used in europe in the years 1000-1200, but wha you have there is a reproduktion.
    Thank you!
    Do you know from what era this replica was made? Was it pre world war 2 replica or post world war 2 replica?

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    Thank you!
    Do you know from what era this replica was made? Was it pre world war 2 replica or post world war 2 replica?
    Without trying to sound snotty or anything else for that matter, but why would you be interested whether a reproduction Medieval helmet was made pre or post WW2?
    Sorry if the question offends, but was not intended that way.
    For what it's worth, the marks on the lifting face guard where done using a sanding disc in an angle grinder, probably to remove the burrs from drilling the holes. As to exact period of manufacture, very difficult to say.

Tom

i dont know, but i thin its post war,
    Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    Thank you!

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Without trying to sound snotty or anything else for that matter, but why would you be interested whether a reproduction Medieval helmet was made pre or post WW2?
    Sorry if the question offends, but was not intended that way.

Tom
    No offense taken.
    Well i want to know, is this helmet was once belong to the dutchman during colonial era or not? Because i never see a medieval helmet in here.

?

Looks like a repro, yes.
    Great that you posted all those pics - gave a good impression of the helmet.

Quote by metho31 View Post
    i dont know, but i thin its post war,
    Thank you.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Looks like a repro, yes.
    Great that you posted all those pics - gave a good impression of the helmet.
    Thank you.
    Is this a pre war replica or post war replica?

It also looks like it was a "homemade" item. Maybe a re-enactor's helmet?
    It's not badly made, but not like the newer production line pieces.

Tom

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast