Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Middle East M1

Article about: Just to share this salty M1 style clone not sure if the red band on the liner would denote MP but it is a paired set with matching arabic text on the liner and shell . The liner has had a sm

Default Middle East M1

Just to share this salty M1 style clone not sure if the red band on the liner would denote MP but it is a paired set with matching arabic text on the liner and shell .
    The liner has had a small chinstrap repair and shows some stress cracks perhaps due to the extreme temperatures and displays aside from the frontal insignia grommit four more crown grommits which i assume are just air vents Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1Middle East M1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Middle East M1   Middle East M1  

Middle East M1   Middle East M1  

Middle East M1   Middle East M1  

Hi James,
    camo examples are always very interesting, I'm not an expert on these helmet models, but I remember very much the export M1 steel helmet, produced in Taiwan and used by the Saudi Arabian Army until the 1990s.
    Although I think they generally used camouflage covers.

Regards
    Roberto

Thats a unique camo set, I never saw a liner with the extra vent holes on top like that, the field repair looks like a piece of shoe string tied in a knot to hold the liner strap in place, the red band is probably Iraqi police use

this one has more of a field painted look typical of Iraqi used helmets

The tan helmet with green camo is common with Iraqi helmets, the liner seems to have more of the Saudi brown swirls often seen on Saudi M1's

Thanks for your thoughts and comments Roberto and Battlegear and much appreciated ,I'm really fond of this one and the small field repair just adds to it's appeal ,to be honest i have never seen a liner with 4x vent holes before either .
    It's a shame not to display the liner on its own and was a welcome surprise when i saw the Camo scheme when i lifted it out of the shell
    Thank you too for identifying what the red band denotes
    This helmet came out of the Arabian penisular and which as Battlegear pointed out shows Iraqi and Saudi traits which makes sense knowing the proximity between those States and the Arab Emirates