Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...

Article about: Heres some pictures... It says its a ww2 us fixed bale Chinese communist reissue. This is quite funny to me, lol.

?

Default Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...

Heres some pictures...
    It says its a ww2 us fixed bale Chinese communist reissue. This is quite funny to me, lol.

?

Default Wosre

No.. There are worse.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...  
    Last edited by Gwar; 03-30-2015 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Pic not uploaded
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I beg to differ .......

Here's a good un-- a crack pot post this one here years back
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-30-2015 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added text

Well, I dunno, It is what it is, sort of. It is Chinese, it does have fixed bales. Its not a reissue of anything though, that's a fact. It is what it is. Of course Ebay sellers and the like never let facts get in the way of making up a good 'selling' story.

I have one of these. Its very ... *basic* is probably the best word, but carefully made for all that.

?

All very funny and interesting helmets guys! The duckbill ss one with the rzm logos every where on it gave me a good laugh!

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    No.. There are worse.. G
    Wasn't that helmet worn by the SS Viking unit ????

looks like something the Chinese may have used for some type of Traffic Police or guard duty , not something intended for Infantry

It is far from clear what these helmets were intended for. Marzetti even goes so far as to suggest that they are produced in Taiwan as 'collector's items'. They cerrtainly go back a bit though, not recent. I saw examples for sale when I first started taking a serious interest in helmets about sixteen years ago.

A clue may be in what Joseba (El Jefe) says, which is that the Chinese characters inside the star translate as "1st August", the date of the establishment of the People's Liberation Army in 1927. Therefore one might wonder if it is some kind of parade or ceremonial helmet. While made of some kind of metal it Is certainly quite light. See the pressing stresses on my example.

Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...

I remember a dealer at the local gunshow had a table with these for sale back in the late 80's - early 90's and he wanted $50 for it

I was thinking of getting one to go with my Chi Com sks, but $50 seemed kind of high when you could still buy the sks rifles for under $100

I think these helmets would look nice on display with one of those PLA Chinese Honor Guard sks rifles with the polished parts / chrome plated parts and varnished stocks for ceremonial or guards use

These go back at least 25 - 30 years or more, they're not recent production
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...   Most Ridiculous Helmet Ever...  

Last edited by battle gear; 04-01-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast