Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

my euro m1 clone collection

Article about: hi guys and gals here's a couple of pics of my m1 european clones thus far mainly west german and belgium lids enjoy james

Hi Fabe,

The helmet is complete. Dutch collectors call it a M 53.

I can tell you the maker from the code that is to be found on the inside of the rim in the front, under the peak. The liner (SW 72)was made by the Schubert Werke in 1972. Strangely in that year they put the capitals in mirror image.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

THX again Emile! I'm getting this one then - my very first M1 "clone" helmet.
    "Schubert Werke" - the same factory that made liners in WW2?
    I'm hoping to find an original "UN" helmet cover to this in the future - if anyone knows where to get one, please don't be shy.
    my euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collection

Apologies Fabe for not answering your question sooner but i see some fine gentlemen helped you out ,I can't believe i started this thread 5 years ago ,a lot has changed including my attitude and if i were to start this thread over would keep it true to Greg's idea of a true M1 clone of having a separate shell and removable liner I have taken recent pictures of a few of my favorite M1 clones and hope to take more soon weather permitting This small grouping from left to right ,Norwegian m58 ,Dutch m53 and Danish M48 and no that isn't Dolly the sheep in the background Also an Austrian Grouping starting on the left an m58 the other's are all m75's my euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collection

?

THX James, sorry to say; as soon as I posted my last comment here, someone else snatched the helmet from me
    But I'll get some of these sooner than later.

I did get a Hungarian M50 with white camo 2 days ago, I'll post pics maybe later tonight.

Cheers,
    Fabe

Those swines Fabe You can't turn your back for one minute ,glad you added another m50 though ,by now you must have amassed a fair few of these over the years i have known you

About the dutch helmet, its the militairy registration number everyone had if selected for duty. the fist six digits are the date of birth , YY-MM-DD, followed by the seq number since more people were born on the same date. for this one, the year of birth was 1964, add about 18-19 years to get your call to get in the army, so when wearing the helmet it was about 1982.

?

THX Guys -

- another helmet came up, unfortunately with some horrible out-of-focus seller's pics - and of course being sold as a US M1 helmet.
    The gasmask bag is US for sure it seems, I can't tell what's the other back-pack - and of the helmet could be any M1 clone I guess - but can anyone tell from these bad pics?
    The lot is fairly cheap (20 USD for all three items), so could be OK.
    Also there is hole in the front of the inner plastic helmet (4th pic), maybe missing a pin?
    my euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collectionmy euro m1 clone collection

I'd bet money that is a Norwegian M58. Green liner, grommet at front of liner (no idea what it was used for!), Linneman Schnetzer stamp in the shell. Good price for a good helmet. Go for it!

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    I'd bet money that is a Norwegian M58. Green liner, grommet at front of liner (no idea what it was used for!), Linneman Schnetzer stamp in the shell. Good price for a good helmet. Go for it!
    For comparison, an M-58 (M1) Norway
    Shell manufactured in Austria by Ulbricht´s Witwe, Schwanenstadt

M-58 (M1) Norway

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    I... Green liner, grommet at front of liner (no idea what it was used for!)...
    This "hole" on the front of the liner is used in my opinion to attach an insignia to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4