Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction

Article about: I figured I'd better introduce myself here on the forum. My name is Scott and I live in the city of Two Rivers, Wisconsin right on the shores of Lake Michigan. I got interested in Militaria

?

Default Re: My Helmet Collection... My Introduction

Quote by NickD View Post
    do i see some early fiber liners in a couple of those M1's something i would love to add to my collection but they're not easy to get hold of in the uk & when they do come up they're well expensive even in really poor condition
    Yes sir, I've got three of them in my collection, one is marked and matched to a Technician marked PTO medic. These things aren't too easy to come by on this side of the pond either.

?

i think thats one piece of kit i will never own but i will however keep trying as ya never know im might strike it lucky

?

By golly it is Scott from up north. Howdy old friend. Your photos are great.
    Fellas this guy is exteremly knowelegable about American stuff.
    Glad to see you here.
    Steve

?

Hey buddy, how's it going! Thanks for the welcome and for those very kind words. I only hope I can live up to them.

?

WOW! looks great,, thought I had some helmets

?

?

Thanks Colt, every helmet collection i've ever seen has started with just the first helmet. The rest happens as a result of addiction... it's a sad tale and yours is just starting.

?

A few close-ups here of a couple of my WWI & WWII medic lids.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

?

Next, the ID'd helmet of PFC Howard Radford, 2nd Armored Infantry. His name is scratched into the liner and is visible in the one photo.

Note: I'll post my TR helmets in the approiate section of the forum. As time permits, I'll keep posting my U.S. lids here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

?

they are some very nice M-1's both fixed & swivel bale i really like the medic ones. have you got any original D bale versions?????

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast