Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction

Article about: I figured I'd better introduce myself here on the forum. My name is Scott and I live in the city of Two Rivers, Wisconsin right on the shores of Lake Michigan. I got interested in Militaria

?

Default Re: My Helmet Collection... My Introduction

Quote by NickD View Post
    cool i do like medic helmets i have a replica airborne D bale medic lid also wouldn't mind a chaplains one as well i know every soldier during the war went through hell but medics not matter what would always run in to the thick of it to help any injured man.
    I used to have a D-loop reproduction helmet some years back along with a couple of other reproduction lids but, I decided to be a purist and got rid of all my reproductions. Everything is now the real deal or not at all.

Reproductions do work well to fill gaps in a collection or a museum display but, I decided for myself it was better to have everything real.

Reproductions do work well to fill gaps in a collection or a museum display but, I decided for myself it was better to have everything real.
    I am thinking of the same way and now i have my answer to where the best one are .... you are talking about starting with one and the addiction is getting to ya i so know what it is . Nice collection thanks for showing them here i appreciate

frenchy

?

Quote by Bugme View Post
    I used to have a D-loop reproduction helmet some years back along with a couple of other reproduction lids but, I decided to be a purist and got rid of all my reproductions. Everything is now the real deal or not at all.

i so wish i could own a real D bale lid but that will never happen the only real fixed bale lid i have is this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

?

Quote by frenchy View Post
    I am thinking of the same way and now i have my answer to where the best one are .... you are talking about starting with one and the addiction is getting to ya i so know what it is . Nice collection thanks for showing them here i appreciate

frenchy
    Thanks Frenchy, I keep trying to walk away from this addiction but, then I find another helmet I like and... well, let's just say that I haven't been too successful. I just purchased another one last night from Bay State Militaria.

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    i so wish i could own a real D bale lid but that will never happen the only real fixed bale lid i have is this one
    Hey, any fixed loop helmet is a great helmet! Yours is a nice example of a basic grunt lid.

?

Quote by Bugme View Post
    Hey, any fixed loop helmet is a great helmet! Yours is a nice example of a basic grunt lid.
    it is indeed i feel very lucky that i got this one & i almost forgot about this one its my first fixed bale & in relic condition found in a barn in france

p.s. i dident find it thats what the person i bought it off said
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Helmet Collection... My Introduction   My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

My Helmet Collection... My Introduction  

hi bugme,
    I am very impressed with your collection of M1,s, they are my favourite helmet, I bought my first back in the sixties and still have it in my collection. It cost me £3.00 back then i dont know how much it is worth these days but it will stay where it is anyway.
    I also have one other but with a mortar hole right through it.
    In my oppinion you have the best M1 collection i have seen, a museum could,nt rival yours, Thanks for showing us.
    Here is my old boy, Front seam, fixed bale, firestone liner.
    replaced the chin strap.
    Regards Dave.

Hi nick,
    Great old salty shell you have there, and it,s in good nick to.
    ( no holes ) are you going to keep it as is, as it would look great
    restored with an original liner. These are getting harder to came by now, thank for showing it.
    dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    hi bugme,
    I am very impressed with your collection of M1,s, they are my favourite helmet, I bought my first back in the sixties and still have it in my collection. It cost me £3.00 back then i dont know how much it is worth these days but it will stay where it is anyway.
    I also have one other but with a mortar hole right through it.
    In my oppinion you have the best M1 collection i have seen, a museum could,nt rival yours, Thanks for showing us.
    Here is my old boy, Front seam, fixed bale, firestone liner.
    replaced the chin strap.
    Regards Dave.
    Very impressive helmet Dave! It's hard to tell but does that helmet have a camo paint pattern? If I were you, I'd think about replacing the Belgian made liner strap and find yourself a really nice first pattern U.S. strap to go with it. These are somewhat pricey about $40(£25) for a nice used one but, well worth the price.

As for my collection, even as nice as it is, I've got two friends whose collections rival mine!

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi nick,
    Great old salty shell you have there, and it,s in good nick to.
    ( no holes ) are you going to keep it as is, as it would look great
    restored with an original liner. These are getting harder to came by now, thank for showing it.
    dave.
    thanks mate

i have thought about cleaning it up a bit but apart from that i think i'll leave as is as it'll take quite a bit to fully restore it

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast