Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My helmet finds in iraq

Article about: So ive been in iraq for about 6 months now. Been on alot of missions and seen alot of interesting sites along the way. Here are my latest finds in iraq. I went to another iraqi compound the

Default My helmet finds in iraq

So ive been in iraq for about 6 months now. Been on alot of missions and seen alot of interesting sites along the way. Here are my latest finds in iraq. I went to another iraqi compound the other day and found a pile of saddam era helmets/gear/and armor. Im guessing these guys fled thier post after the initial invasion and left behind all thier equipment. I have a humvee with 8 other helmets in it right now and i kept 2 to my self. I think there was about 15-20 there all together in the pile. The iraq army still lives and works in this compound and they thought i was crazy for wanting these things-to them its just trash from a darker time. Heres my helmets along with a steel romanain m73 i found at another compound in jan! Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My helmet finds in iraq   My helmet finds in iraq  

My helmet finds in iraq   My helmet finds in iraq  

?

Default Re: My helmet finds in iraq

Thanks for posting these. It's quite interesting how the Iraqis don't place any worth on these items. I'm sure a parallel can be drawn between this conflict and the end of WW2. The same attitudes prevailed then I'm sure and different values placed on items varied from person to person.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

yeah ive found alot of things out here and the country is piled with trash. Im sure you could find some cool stuff in the rubble but iraq has millions of unexploded ordanence out here so you have to watch your step- 2 civilains die a week out here due to land mines. i have more pictures ill post at a later date!

Quote by bigredone View Post
    yeah ive found alot of things out here and the country is piled with trash. Im sure you could find some cool stuff in the rubble but iraq has millions of unexploded ordanence out here so you have to watch your step- 2 civilains die a week out here due to land mines. i have more pictures ill post at a later date!
    Hi!
    Please, publish more photos from Iraq. It is very interesting for me. Thank you.

?

I enjoyed your photos.
    I would send every helmet you find home. They are worth about a Hundred bucks a piece in the US at this time.
    The fedayien darth vader style is around $1.500. Just don't get your butt blown off searching for them. Sadam era insignia, medals, uniforms, etc. all have a value. Don't pass it up.
    SteveR

OK ill post more pictures of iraq as soon as i can! Id like to send all the helmets i find home but its going to be hard enough trying to get the 3 i have back to the states. iraq is litteraly a gold mine of war soaked memorabilia

?

Quote by bigredone View Post
    OK ill post more pictures of iraq as soon as i can! Id like to send all the helmets i find home but its going to be hard enough trying to get the 3 i have back to the states. iraq is litteraly a gold mine of war soaked memorabilia
    I don't know how it is now. I have heard that sending stuff home can be hard. When I was in you just got a chit for a war souvenir and your CO signed it and you mailed it home. Ask your company clerk what the process is now?
    SteveR

Yeah ive heard a couple different things about that. im not sure yet but I hope i can pull it off, It would be a shame to have to ditch them before i get back home!