Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new helmet: a french "Para" TAP 56"

Article about: Hello, here is my new helmet. Not a WW2 era, but I like it too! He was used during the Algerian War. The helmet was made in 1958 by Charpentier Cusset . The liner was made in 1957 by FD . Th

Default My new helmet: a french "Para" TAP 56"

Hello,

here is my new helmet. Not a WW2 era, but I like it too! He was used during the Algerian War.

The helmet was made in 1958 by "Charpentier Cusset".

The liner was made in 1957 by "FD". The "C" stamp is for the size.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers from France

Jean Loup

Fantastic find these are rarer than hens teeth,i've always wanted one but never seen one about even after four years on ebay,maybe one day,and yours looks in really great condition too thanks for sharing this elusive helmet........Jake.

Thank you :-)

Jean Loup

?

Parfait!

I have a few of these in my own collection, and are sadly not as common as many collectors would like!

I am a huge fan of these French para helmets,and never tire looking at them, especially an nice early version like this example, the wear and patina is particularly appealing, congratulations on purchasing and sharing this one here.

?

Here's one of my TAP 56 helmets, with an original TAP 47/56 hood fitted, the hood is not original to this particular Helmet, but for display purposes look's like the style worn in the Algerian war.

Thank you Opex. Youre is looking great too!

Jean Loup

?

Quote by Jean Loup View Post
    Thank you Opex. Youre is looking great too!

Jean Loup

Thank you very Jean Loup, I am very fond of my TAP 56 models, as I'm sure you are too.

Cordialement!

Opex