Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)

Article about: Hi, Afrer reading a previous post on an English Civil War tripple bar helmet..thought I would post my original military arsenal issue Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge) all the best steve

Default My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)

Hi,
    Afrer reading a previous post on an English Civil War tripple bar helmet..thought I would post my original military arsenal issue Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)
    all the best
    steveMy ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)

Default Re: My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)

That is cool, I could be tempted by something like this.

Default Re: My ORIGINAL English Civil war helmet.Lobster-tailed pot helmet (zischagge)

Absolutely fascinating Steve, almost gladiatorial. Can you fill us in with a little more about its history etc?

Thats Fantastic! A real piece of history.

These were imported to England by the Dutch and used extensively during the early 17th century. I always wanted one and acquired this twenty years ago....its one of the very few that I have ever seen with armour marks. interesting each piece is marked with a digit...for construction. the armour stamp is to front peak. It also has field repair to rear, and retains original ear flaps. Originally painted black..this has oxidised and is in un tampered with condition.
    Difference between this and fakes on the market is obvious when you compare !! this screams originality ...and no alarms when inspected and studied under magnification..its a gem...ohhh if things could talk !!!
    all the best
    steve

Love them too! Used to have some in my previous live.
    It is again on my list!
    Yours is very nice!
    cheers
    |
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Nice helmet.

very nice ,thanks for showing up close detailed pictures of your example just facinating
    Regards James

JBR
    ?

Thank you, Steve. A very nice helmet and a very informative post. Much appreciated. Best Regards,

?

Cheers Steve a very good helmet & wee thread...I love the photos...some very detailed snaps!! Thanks for sharing.. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast