Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My (still small) collection and mystery helmets

Article about: by Emmett hehe, maybe i m still new to ww2 collections but i have been collect animation models since i was 10~~anyway, so cool to see you put ww2 collection and these awsome characters on t

Default My (still small) collection and mystery helmets

Hallo fellow steel helmet collectors

Let me introduce myself you can call me Anima I live in the Netherlands,and I got a feeling that I am one of the rare women that take interest in steel helmets. Don't know why but steel helmets got me hooked so I buy now and then a steel helmet thats affordable (I got other hobbies too) So I don't think I ever buy something from WW2 or WW1 area because its mostly too expensive and not only that you have to be aware of fakes ones too.

So I collect what I can here is a photo of my collection, guess most of them aren't too special but still I love them, a late DDR M56 helmet is on the way to fill op my collection and 2 late france helmets M51 which one has a blue plastic liner,Theres a repro german helmet (I think) a M16 between my collection I don't like that one so I hope I can get rid of it soon.

I've got 3 helmets which I would love to read about more about their history and roll, so I try to post photo's of them too here I would be happy if anyone can inform me about them.

One is a (I think) a dutch liner from 1955 stamp in the front of the liner with the letters VB,could anyone please tell me what roll this liner had played in the army back then?

One is a helmet that look like a early Swiss Model but the steel is much thinner so I don't know if it ever had been used in the army it also doesn't look old either.

One is a early West German (Bundeswehr) M60 helmet (I think) but has a strange dark blue paint on the shell with a red line under it is olive green paint so I guess it had a history in the army too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My (still small) collection and mystery helmets   My (still small) collection and mystery helmets  

My (still small) collection and mystery helmets   My (still small) collection and mystery helmets  

My (still small) collection and mystery helmets   My (still small) collection and mystery helmets  

Default re: My (still small) collection and mystery helmets

Welcome aboard Anima, you certainly have a lot more helmets than me, well done!

Hi Anima, the Swiss one is for Civil Defence:

SUIZO DC

Dutch info:

HOLANDS OTAN

Sorry the links are in Spanish, but you can Google translate the pages.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi,

VB was a post war Dutch maker of helmets and they made some in the style of the British Tommy helmet and also made US M1 clone helmets as well. Verenigde Blikfabrieken (=United Tin Factories).
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you Sandgroper

- - Updated - -

Quote by Bond View Post
    Hi,

VB was a post war Dutch maker of helmets and they made some in the style of the British Tommy helmet and also made US M1 clone helmets as well. Verenigde Blikfabrieken (=United Tin Factories).
    That is some good information Bond thanks

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Anima, the Swiss one is for Civil Defence:

SUIZO DC

Dutch info:

HOLANDS OTAN

Sorry the links are in Spanish, but you can Google translate the pages.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow great links these give me really good information with google translate thank you very much !

?

Default Re: My (still small) collection and mystery helmets

Hi anima, not a helmet expert but i think i can recgonized some "final fantacy" models~ both really cool collections~~

Quote by Emmett View Post
    Hi anima, not a helmet expert but i think i can recgonized some "final fantacy" models~ both really cool collections~~
    Haha yes thats true those are the game final fantasy action figures from part 7,8 and 10.... thanks Emmett

?

hehe, maybe i m still new to ww2 collections but i have been collect animation models since i was 10~~anyway, so cool to see you put ww2 collection and these awsome characters on the same shelf~~i should do that too eventhough my ww2 collections are much less compare with urs~~

My (still small) collection and mystery helmetsI'm mainly focused on steel helmet of different kind,but I wanted to let you guys see this too. On the bottom of the empty bullet shells theres the letters and numbers.... W T 43 ..... I would like to hear what you guys think about these items.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast