Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My TNI-Police Theme Helmet Collection

Article about: Finally! I complete the basic collection of TNI (indonesian armed forces) - indonesian police theme helmet. Although it's just shell, but i already happy with this. From left to right: - TNI

Talking My TNI-Police Theme Helmet Collection

Finally! I complete the basic collection of TNI (indonesian armed forces) - indonesian police theme helmet. Although it's just shell, but i already happy with this.

From left to right:

- TNI AD (Indonesian Army) m1 Euro clone RUCO made

- Brimob (Brigade Mobil or Mobile Brigade) milsco

- TNI AL - Marinir (Indonesian Navy - Marine)

- TNI AU (Indonesian Air Force) mysterious helmet https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...expert-292147/

- Polisi Militer (Military Police) m1 swivel bail front seam https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...56/?highlight=

If you're curious with Brimob shell, here we go

The present logo

Marine shell, possibly austrian clone?

Thank you for watching!

Default Re: My TNI-Police Theme Helmet Collection

Nice collection!! I'm particularly interested in the Milsco KNIL reissue, are thes easy to obtain please send me a message.
    I've seen plenty of Japanese helmets being reissued by the TNI, you could look for these.

My TNI-Police Theme Helmet Collection

Thank you!
    Hmmm it's getting difficult to obtain milsco helmet in here. And the price is increase too compared with 2 years ago.
    Oh about japanese helmet? Don't worry, i have that too.

?

The Brimob doesn't look like an M1, rather a Romanian M73, or a Dutch M34.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    The Brimob doesn't look like an M1, rather a Romanian M73, or a Dutch M34.
    It's a wartime american made milsco helmet.

Hi Feldgrau,

Nice collection!

Why would the Milsco be marked MB for the Indonesian name BriMob (Brigade Mobil). Would you know til whay period these ex-KNIL helmets were in use by TNI, Polisi and Civil Defence?

Cheers,
    Emile

Thank you emile.

I don't know, maybe in the postwar this helmet was equipped for the police? This is the original condition when i obtained it, dark green TNI color.

Maybe after the dutch forces left in 1950, this helmet was given to the brimob and later went to the TNI reserve?
    About the period, i don't know for sure. I once found a photo in the 1960's, a soldier bringing a madsen, maybe pre-war made one. And also during the trikora operation volunteer parade, a soldier seen wearing an m1 but also pointing a klewang!
    Maybe all of the pre-war equipment lasts until 1960's. I guess during the soeharto's gouvernement all of that equipment was stored in the reserve or scrapped.