Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nearly a complete set of m36's

Article about: by moaning minnie russ how do you know weather the paint is period or postwar done?same for the decal,as i see so many on ebay and all vary a lot on paint etc,so was there a set factory colo

?

Default Nearly a complete set of m36's

Just need an A model and set complete.Nearly a complete set of m36'sNearly a complete set of m36's

Default Re: Nearly a complete set of m36's

Very nice group of M36's. Just over the past few months we picked up an A, B (3 rivet) and C type, we will eventually add a short C type I hope.

Russ & Son

ian
    ?

hi busman
    i have one of these
    could you please explane what the diferences are so that i may understand which one i have
    cheers ian

Ian,

Not to step on Busman's toes, but here might be a real easy way for you to ID the three types. I have posted all three typesat the top of recent thread, here is the link:

Our pickups and finds over the past few months!

It is pretty simple to tall actuall,

A Type is the only type with the rolled edge so, if no rolled edge, has to be b or C type

C type is the only type that you can see the liner tabs (see photo in my thread posted above)

If it isn't a rolled edge and you can't see the liner tabs, then it has to be a B type. Don't let all the posting of rivet placement and how many get you all confused, just follow this simple criteria.

Now, if you have determined you have a B Type then you can have a 3 rivet or 4 rivet model. Simple enough, count the number of large rivets holding in the liner, don't count the chin strap rivets.

And last, there is a C type Short Visor model....this one is a bit rarer and pretty obvious when you compare to a standard C type.

Hope this helps.

Russ

very nice i like the colour variations thanks for sharing your collection

?

The helmets on your far right and far left are c models , you can tell this by the way the liner is held in place by four metal tangs that are attached to the shell on the inside .The one second from the left is a B model type 2 the liner is held in place by 3 liner pins like the German M31 liner system.Nearly a complete set of m36'sNearly a complete set of m36's.The one second from right is a B model type 1 this has 4 liner pins holding the liner in place. also the c model chin straps are a 2 piece buckle type and the B model is a single strap that can be adjusted on length via a sliding buckle and clasp. The A model that i don't have is same as the type 1 B but with a rolled edge on the helmet rim like the German m35/m40.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nearly a complete set of m36's  

?

Sorry pictures came out back to front but i hope you can see what iam saying.

ian
    ?

ok so mine is the modle ,of the top pic on your latest thread
    thanks for that
    cheers ian

For fans of the M36, Teodor Muhovski's website - Bulgarian Helmtes' History - has a lot of useful knowledge. A seemingly infinite variety of colours, painted camo, liners, and chinstraps, quite apart from the basic shell-types.

russ how do you know weather the paint is period or postwar done?same for the decal,as i see so many on ebay and all vary a lot on paint etc,so was there a set factory colour?cheers dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast