Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need help with bulgarian and russian helmets

Article about: Hi all, Im looking to add to my steel helmet collection, I collect mostly german and im trying to get some other countries for display, I will post some pics of the ones Im looking at, they

Default Re: Need help with bulgarian and russian helmets

Free razor wire!! count me in! lol. I will probably pick up a bulgarian lid, im just looking for a nice decal.

HI maximus personally i would buy a type A OR B these were made in much smaller numbers where as the C type were the most mass produced in bulgaria from 1939 onwards also the short visor version are very desireable too,all the best minnie.

Thanks minnie, If the price is right I will, but I dont mind a C type, the mass production would explain why they are so affordable, you can get some nice ones for 50US and to me thats a bargain!!!!!!

Maximus if you look on our "UK"ebay site the C type BUY IT NOW from bulgaria are as little as $30 plus shipping best of luck with whatever you purchase regards minnie.

Personally, I'd say you should get the A, B and C types to show the evolution of the helmet, plus the very hard to get short-visor version if you're lucky and reasonably wealthy. But one thing to watch for is that the C, being the most recent and most plentiful, was refurbished throughout its long life with the Bulgar military, and if you are determined only on WW2 era material (which some people are for reasons that are in their way entirely sensible) then be careful to find one with an original liner and original paint. See Ted Muhovski's good webpage here - http://helmet.0catch.com/ for further information.
    Last edited by Greg Pickersgill; 10-17-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12