Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help identifying a helmet

Article about: Came across this helmet in a shop not far from my home. I have never seen one like it and was wondering if anyone here was able to give me some info on it. Sorry the pictures are not the bes

Default Re: Need help identifying a helmet

Well, at least we now know what a REAL Swiss Para
    helmet looks like - Thanks Paul.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Well, at least we now know what a REAL Swiss Para
    helmet looks like - Thanks Paul.........!
    Are you sure??? I thought they looked like this.....

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Are you sure??? I thought they looked like this.....

Lol Close Ned!!

I would love to own a veteran bringback from this operation: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/op...3796.html?_r=0

A helmet like this would be awesome.

You're welcome Steve, I used to collect Swiss. I was always impressed by a country that never went to war in modern times, and prepared so much to keep it like that. And their level of training is so high, here's an example

I bought one of the French para training helmets yesterday from the bay.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post

The Swiss do have a few paratroopers, they started a company of them in 1964, now they call them Fallschirmaufklaerer they use a helmet of the French Guneau type. I found a few pics of the para helmet over at the Swiss Rifles forum

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying a helmet   Need help identifying a helmet  

Need help identifying a helmet   Need help identifying a helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Although the official designation is the M-71 they they were not put in to active service until 1975 these steel helmets were extremely well built and to the highest standard of quality.
    As stated In 1990 a modified version of the helmet was produced with a hanger ring attached to the rear of the rim on the helmet shell these were re designated Model 71/90 (M-71/90)
    At the same time many of the older M-71's were as well retrofitted with the addition of the hanger ring many as well were painted in a darker green coat of paint which from my understanding would put the production date some time in the late 1980's or early 1990's another interesting piece of information the chinstraps were built with a breakaway junction in the form of a pin gate on one of the Y connectors fittings on the side of the chinstrap which is evident on the chinstrap on my example shown below .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying a helmet  

I donated one of the swiss helmets of the same type as the thread starter to one of the raffles and posted it out of my own pocket and never heard a word from whomever won it, I won't be donating items again, bah humbug. I'll crawl back off into my grumpy hole.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks Jerry I was wondering were this example came from it was sitting on the kitchen table one day.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Jerry I was wondering were this example came from it was sitting on the kitchen table one day.

Regards Mark

If you had one it you would have made sure to thank whoever had donated it, whatever it was.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast