Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need info on this helmet

Article about: Anyone know what the decal is on this helmet? Any info would be appreciated.

Smile Need info on this helmet

Anyone know what the decal is on this helmet? Any info would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need info on this helmet   Need info on this helmet  

Need info on this helmet   Need info on this helmet  

Need info on this helmet   Need info on this helmet  

Default Re: Need info on this helmet

Vlaamsche Wacht (= Flemish Guard). A Belgian collaborationist organisation. Cool helmet. These are pretty scarce!

The helmet itself is a Dutch Civil Defence helmet (commonly known as M38) produced early in WW2 by VerBliFa in Zaandam near Amsterdam, judging by the below standard liner and strap.

Cheers,
    Emile

Default Re: Need info on this helmet

Much oblige. Guess it was worth the eighty dollars.

indeed has to be flemish guard but to bad it's a fake but indeed well worth the 8$

?

Quote by Kenny1309 View Post
    indeed has to be flemish guard but to bad it's a fake but indeed well worth the 8$
    Kenny, can you also explane WHY it's a fake?

Because I ask myself why anyone would fake these helmets?

the decal is to big and the collor should be bleu gray insted of black why they would fake a helmet like this? an original goes for 1500€ in near perfect condition i don't find how i can add pictures but if you could send me a pm with your email adress i can send you pictures of originals. the original dutch helmets used as flemish guard helmets have a decal size 4cm or 6 cm any thing bigger thane that isn't seen in these dutch helmets but the biggest give away is the black collor

Thumbs up

Need info on this helmetNeed info on this helmetNeed info on this helmetNeed info on this helmetNeed info on this helmetNeed info on this helmet

found out how ot works on my phone

regards kenny

also original flemish guard helmets do have the dutch green collor in the inside as seen on pictures above

?

The waf forum has examples of these helmets in black. It is mentioned the liner was removed and the whole lid was painted black. Also states on the green ones that small decals are good, larger fakes. Does not mention about the black versions.

Are you saying the whole helmet is fake or just the decal? Looks to me the decal is hand painted, or seems like it in the pic. The wear on the helmet looks period to me, no pitting or new rust showing.

The decal is lacking in wear, which bugs me. But it does look like it has some age to it. The size does also concern me.

Seems to be named also, pic 4.
    Last edited by visor; 11-10-2014 at 08:23 AM.

i mean the decal is fake helmet it self is original probably dutch police (thats why it's in black)
    and for me i wouldn't buy a black helmet completly as a flemish guard helmet (liners are revetted in so not as with german helmets or adriaan helmets that the liner can be removed and replaced without proper tools