Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Netherland cold war helmet

Article about: Hello Last year i bought this Cold War Netherland army helmet for a cheapy price. Im wondering if this was the real deal or just another fake. I would like to get your opinions.

Default Netherland cold war helmet

Hello

Last year i bought this Cold War Netherland army helmet for a cheapy price.
    Im wondering if this was the real deal or just another fake.
    I would like to get your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netherland cold war helmet   Netherland cold war helmet  

Netherland cold war helmet   Netherland cold war helmet  

Netherland cold war helmet   Netherland cold war helmet  

Well, it would be seriously hard to imagine why anyone would fake a Dutch M53, a very common helmet on the surplus market. In any event, your helmet is almost certainly the real thing; I say almost certainly because the liner is definately Dutch (the BEC is a known liner maker to the Netherlands, and the headband attached with pop-stud loops is specifically Dutch) but your photos do not show the definitive siign of a Dutch shell, which is the arrowhead push-pull chinstrap fastener, I'm guessing it is there, though. So yes, rest assured, its Dutch. Not a fake!

I can see part of the Dutch type fastener in the second photo, I would say it's an original Dutch M53
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netherland cold war helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Netherland cold war helmet 

Thanks for the Information guys
    Im very happy that i got a real one.

?

Very nice, I have a couple of these in my collection they are not so common as the Austrian version ( which has flooded the market) thanks for sharing.

On the rim of the shell (front inside part) you should be able to make out some markings stamped into the steel.

You no doubt have a Dutch M53. The liner is as Greg described, Dutch made.

The shell should be marked in the forward rim. It could be: VDN, U's or maybe LS. It is followed by the date and batch number. My guess is VDN. This maker produces the helmet with a deeper rear, compared to the other M-1 clones.

The colour is the last bronze green hue. Before the colour tended more to olive.

Nice helmet.

Cheers,
    Emile