Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

North Vietnamese items

Article about: Hello, I have purchased several NVA items that are supposed to be Vietnam War Era. I have a pith helmet, chicom belt dated 1967, NVA jungle shoes, and a NVA sailor uniform. I was wondering i

Default North Vietnamese items

Hello, I have purchased several NVA items that are supposed to be Vietnam War Era. I have a pith helmet, chicom belt dated 1967, NVA jungle shoes, and a NVA sailor uniform. I was wondering if you all could give your opinions on if they appear to be real or repo. I know there are a lot of Vietnam War items that are reproductions out there. I am really concerned about the sailor uniform. I think the other items are at least before 1990. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. North Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese itemsNorth Vietnamese items

Hello hart ,nice items i wouldn't have a clue about there authenticity though ,i have an near identical pith helmet minus the pavn insignia did you add this yourself ? here is the link to mine posted in the composite helmet sub forum which you might find of interest vietnamese sun helmet
    regards james

Hi, I am responding to your post because I have begun collecting Vietnam war era items. It has been my belief that, as the time line sits, Vietnam will grow in interest and collecting. IMO everything you have posted looks good to me. One must remember that the US involvement in that war was only a fraction of time the conflict lasted. There were items being made for the NVA and viet cong before and after the US came and left. Right during the war, souvenir items were being made by the south for soldiers to take home after their tour of duty. And after all was said and done, tons and tons of surplus, looked at as "junk" no one wanted or had a use for was around. Much of this was basically garbage and destroyed. So you have collectors that look at this hobby in different ways. Between swap patches and souvenir items, and what was actually used and worn in combat you come up with a few different schools of thought. Some ideas on what genuine is differs, to some anything that was made in country during the war era is "original", others not. I have a very good friend and an uncle who are both vets, so they confirm or deny, even the legends, saying, yes, this took place, or no I never saw that. So that helps in determining the role an item played as far as why it was produced. I guess the old supply and demand applies greatly here, as now there is surplus of things made in country during wartime, that was never meant to be used in combat or applied to a uniform. I guess it is up to the individual and the community to determine if this type of stuff is "original", and its worth. Nice Items, once again IMO, all looks authentic as made for use period pieces.