Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian M-58.

Article about: Hi fellow collectors. Here's a common, but equally collectable Norwegian M-58. I have seen many fitted with US Woodland covers on the surplus market. Anyone here know if the Norwegian troops

?

Default Norwegian M-58.

Hi fellow collectors.

Here's a common, but equally collectable Norwegian M-58. I have seen many fitted with US Woodland covers on the surplus market. Anyone here know if the Norwegian troops wore US covers on their M1 clones.( I know the Dutch did amongst other European nations)

Norwegian M-58.
    Norwegian M-58.
    Norwegian M-58.

Default Re: Norwegian M-58.

No, as far as I am aware US woodland, have never been used (officially) by Norwegian troops.

This is the camouflage patterns adopted by the Norwegian army, up and until today: Norway - Camopedia

Could you make out, what company manufactured the helmet?

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    No, as far as I am aware US woodland, have never been used (officially) by Norwegian troops.

This is the camouflage patterns adopted by the Norwegian army, up and until today: Norway - Camopedia

Could you make out, what company manufactured the helmet?

Hi ,Firstly thanks for looking and for your information, and comments.

Sadly there are no discernible markings on the shell, but I have another Model 58,which has USH in the shell, this one might have been over-painted at one stage,therefore covering any markings?

And thanks for the information regarding the usage of Woodland in the Norwegian forces. The first one I bought had an 80's dated woodland cover, this one too, so I wondered if the Norwegian forces also wore US covers like many other european nations, e.g Austria, Holland,etc,etc???

Thanks again.

Regards

Opex

No problem.

Danish and Norwegian equipment is my "speciality"

It is not unlikely that they have been repainted a number of times during their time in service, and hence the missing manufactures stamp. Still a nice helmet.

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    No problem.

Danish and Norwegian equipment is my "speciality"

It is not unlikely that they have been repainted a number of times during their time in service, and hence the missing manufactures stamp. Still a nice helmet.

Thanks again, I think I will keep hold of this one, mainly due to the original chin straps fitted, regards.

BMF
    ?

Hi

Interesting helmet. The norwegian army did use some patterns of US helmet covers, but they were never standard issue a.f.a.I.k. Probably some limited numbers were suplied from USA along with other gear. Check out these pics.:
    Sommerøvelsen 1967 - www.lutvatnskolene.com

?

Quote by BMF View Post
    Hi

Interesting helmet. The norwegian army did use some patterns of US helmet covers, but they were never standard issue a.f.a.I.k. Probably some limited numbers were suplied from USA along with other gear. Check out these pics.:
    Sommerøvelsen 1967 - www.lutvatnskolene.com

Many thanks for your input, I am always grateful for information.

Kind regards

Opex