Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian M1 clone

Article about: Hello I would like to show you, one of my norwegain M1 clones. It has belonged to a norwegian officer in the airforce. I have been told that these helmet's where manufactured in Austria. The

Default Norwegian M1 clone

Hello

I would like to show you, one of my norwegain M1 clones. It has belonged to a norwegian officer in the airforce. I have been told that these helmet's where manufactured in Austria. They have been known as the M-58.

All the best
    Stig Erik

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Default Re: Norwegian M1 clone

Hi Erik,

Nice looking helmet. Do the two stars denote a lieutenant or some other rank in the Norwegian Air Force? Is the steel shell marked in any way? Stamp in the rim? Ink stamp? The liner probably is a Danish product. Is it marked? Does the liner have a leather or webbing chinstrap?

Cheers,
    Emile

Glad that you like it. Yes, the two stars on a blue background is for a lieutenant in the airforce. The shell has a black ink stamp, in the crown of the interior. It is very difficult to photograph, but it looks like the letters "LS", inside a sircle. The liner has a webbed chinstrap. I am no expert on these helmet's, other than being issued on, when I was in the army. I bought three of these helmet's, a couple of years ago, since they are so cheap.

All the best
    Stig Erik

Here is another one, with a different net.

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Here is my last one. A former MP helmet. I was a bit supriced when I came home, after finding this norwegian used helmet. I noticed that it actually is a rear seam Schlueter helmet shell, with a european liner, and net.

All the best
    Stig Erik

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Norwegian M1 clone

Hello Stig Erik,

The letters LS could be the makers mark of Linnemann & Schnetzer of Germany who produced M-1 clones for many armies in Europe.

Nice find this Schleuter! Not many around, I believe.

Cheers,
    Emile

Thank you very much. I am glad that you like my helmet's. Not many collectors in Norway cares about these helmet's at all. I guess that there is to many of them around, some are still wrapped in brown paper, from the factory.

All the best
    Stig Erik