Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

Well done Mark (and JB)...'pleased for you.

It's interesting that a number of "plastics" have come on the market (well, Ebay) over the last few weeks - indeed one sold last night for £302!! They're all early ones too...shiny bolts, white leather, vinyl straps...I even bought another myself about a month ago (same "market", MUCH different price) with a very early cover (I think I've posted this in another thread - sorry if I have). One wonders where they're coming from......'tho I know where they're going! ;-)

?

Thanx Adrian I have been on the hunt for an early example for some time now and they have always been just out of reach ...

Regards Mark

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldHi Jerry I Just can't put my hand to the Beret at the moment but i do have a picture of the maker in better detail that i took a little while back
    Regards James

Mark i am really looking forward to your in hand pictures of your early para helmet and i think you could be right about the chinstrap catch assembly on the parachute instructor helmet
    Regards James

Quote by Mark K View Post
    My compliments to James for this Romanian M-73 Para with an M-90 cover and net I needed to fill a hole in my collection..

Regards Mark
    Last edited by James C; 10-22-2017 at 12:32 AM.

?

Many thanx James for the image and yes I do believe you are correct as to the light weight para I will post some better pics up on its arrival in the post....

Regards Mark

?

please delete post with leader Nicolae Ceaușescu and his wife Elena . not ok .

Quote by Composite View Post
    Well done Mark (and JB)...'pleased for you.

It's interesting that a number of "plastics" have come on the market (well, Ebay) over the last few weeks - indeed one sold last night for £302!! They're all early ones too...shiny bolts, white leather, vinyl straps...I even bought another myself about a month ago (same "market", MUCH different price) with a very early cover (I think I've posted this in another thread - sorry if I have). One wonders where they're coming from......'tho I know where they're going! ;-)

top of my wanted list at this time, for a sensible price of course...
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by ZERO View Post
    please delete post with leader Nicolae Ceaușescu and his wife Elena . not ok .
    Zero I do not believe that you have the right to ask someone to remove an image on this thread and especially with out an explanation I seen the image that you asked to have removed and it was posted solely as a point of interest and comparison as a period image of the Romanian M-73 Para helmet in use so this image will stand until you can explain your reasoning behind your request..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

?

I managed to sneak away from work a little early and took a few outdoor pics of helmets on last Sunday which included this lightweight para I got a couple of months back the helmet body is one of the fibreglass smooth finished shells , with bare metal bolts with the second variation liner/sock..
    This example came with a couple of different covers and was sporting a Mk 6 chinstrap which I removed and re-fitted with a proper later issue green nylon para example that I had stored away...
    I was always under the impression that the smooth finished non textured helmet bodies were early production then so giving away to the latter variation with the textured finish and coated liner retention bolts but it would seem that there is a bit of a question now in regards to this information as I have heard now from a couple of serving Para's that they were indeed produced much later than was first suspected and even one example I have heard that is dated as late as 1991..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast