Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

CBH
    ?

Most people won't get the Bubbles reference , but those who do will Love it !

Cheers !

?

Chris Bubbles is my hero and a true Canadian Icon

Regards Mark

It' hard to say for sure if the Polish troops are using the Wz 93 for Airborne use but if so then i can add my example to the thread Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world and who could forget this chap Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:15 PM.

CBH
    ?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Chris Bubbles is my hero and a true Canadian Icon

Regards Mark
    Used to go to the Season Premiers of the show when I lived in Halifax ,
    partied with most of them at on time or another . Great show , and helmets by the way .

Cheers

?

Oh Dear god I bet you have some funny stories to tell Chris.

Regards Mark

?

Another one to add to the mix thought I would post up my Vietnam era US M-1 C Para the liner webbing is nicely dated to 1967 sadly the press the stud fastners on the chinstrap were cut off and had to be replaced on the M-1 but it does still display rather well.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

1960 - Stage de saut mai 1960 de la 61 CT de bayonne - Ecole des troupes aéroportées [1960 - May 1960 Internship Jump 61 CT Bayonne - school]

these French paras appear to be wearing the M56 TAP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Some MI-c's as well as far as I can see.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Another one to add to the mix thought I would post up my Vietnam era US M-1 C Para the liner webbing is nicely dated to 1967 sadly the press the stud fastners on the chinstrap were cut off and had to be replaced on the M-1 but it does still display rather well.

Regards Mark
    Another fine airborne helmet Mark ,interesting to see my example's liner is only two months older than yours, my McCord shell is from the 1951 production run so a korean war period steel pot and has North & Judd Anchor chinstraps and combat liner was produced by Marmac industries,mine shows a thick texture less od green applied over the original sand or cork coating and also a frontal insignia flash remnant can be seen ,possibly what could be captain bars but its hard to say for sure cool militariaParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:17 PM.

?

Nice looking lid James and IMO you are correct it indeed looks to be a set of Captain bars on the front of the shell Here is my most recent Airborne helm another M-1 C but this particular one is a late WW II repaint with a Westy produced para liner the soldiers serial number written in the shell suggests it was as well used post war and this one as well has some form of insignia hidden under the repaint but on the side of the shell.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast