Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

Again Mark another very nice example of the M1c the denny net and scrim look superb and the owners name hidden away is such a nice find ,I'll be honest and say I'm really fond of these ww2 shells seeing use post war ,I'm putting my neck on the line and guessing your shell is manufactured by the McCord radiator company ,i think most collectors of nam period m1 shells have issues over the low dome profile shells and what seemingly can be unpleasing to the eye liner fitment ,i know this is irrelevant to the thread but i just wanted to mention this helmet from my modest M1 collection , the liner is for ground troops and dated 1983 so very close to being the last production run of the steel pots in this configuration ,what was really interesting for me to find was the shell which is also a ww2 period reissue and made by none other than schlueterParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:19 PM.

?

Hi James many Thanx and yes you are correct if I am reading the steel lot right this particular M-1 was indeed produced by McCord in late 1944.
    And I could not agree with you more the low dome on the later produced M-1 makes for a terrible fit with the para liners which for some reason all seem to be a higher profile.

Regards Mark

Thanks for confirmation on your McCord m1 shell Mark with regards the later M1's it does beg the question why suitable liners were not manufactured to accommodate the lower profile ,I'll look forward to seeing what other goodies you bring to this interesting thread Mark regards James
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:20 PM.

?

As to the net James IMO it is a piece of vehicle and or mobile artillery camo netting and not a Denny you can tell by the sewn piece of webbing on the one image that shows the back of the helmet body.

Regards Mark

?

Another Vietnam era US M-1 C to add to the thread there is a lot going on with this example such as it would appear to be a depot retro-fitted and re-baled McCord FS FB if I am reading the heat stamp (215 B ) correctly but I will cover that in a thread on its own this particular helm has a nice used look about it and shows the expected patina stain and wear to the interior furniture and the helmet body one would expect to see on a period used lid.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

That is a very nice example and displays well indeed mark and fitted with the mitch cover ticks all the right boxes ,i bet your chuffed to bits i would be
    cheers James
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:21 PM.

?

Thanks James I am really pleased with this one it displays really well I still need a KW era M-1 C, M-2 ( D Bale ) and a mid to late war example of a M-1 C with the khaki #3 yokes and unpainted A washers to round my collection of US off but there are just so many others out there as well .

Regards Mark

?

Thought i should add a few extra images of the second variation camo cover with the ever missing neck vale for the Italian M 42/60.
    And my many thanks to Jerry for being such a gent and gifting me the French type 202 Para trainer for my collection that arrived in the post last month.
    Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

?

Another helm to add to the thread a 1966 dated Bundeswehr M1A1 LL

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 10-11-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Default 511th PIR Helmet / Liner

Shes not pretty but I got this as a thank you for my grandfather being my first salute when I commissioned. It is a Rigger style helmet that belonged to the 511th PIR. My grandfather was a member of the 511th during the Korean War era. When I gave it to him, his eyes teared up as he held it in his hands. He looked up at me and I could see all of the memories of a young soldier in his eyes.
    Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast