MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

Mark you might find this one of interest ,it certainly is an airborne helmet so worthy of this thread ,i would say the liner is a near facsimile to that of the us M1c ,this one is from one of the Persian Gulf states which make up the United Arab EmiratesParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:21 PM.

?

That is a one look killer helmet James I love it with out a doubt a variation to the US M1-C the tan liner and A-yokes look to be produced from a herring bone twill the liner looks to has been fashioned after the US P-64 what can you tell me about the liner it does have the look of fiberglass to it or am I mistaken,
    And what of the helmet body is it green in color or a tan finish so many unanswered questions you cant leave me hanging like this with no answers

Regards Mark

?

Perhaps one more this morning while we are on the subject of variants of the US M1-C .
    Here is a Canadian Modified M1-C Para
    These are rather an interesting helmet and are quite hard to source there is nothing extraordinary about the helmet body it self it is a post Vietnam era produced example the real prize hear is the liner it is a modified type II jump liner.
    Take special note of the A-yokes these have been constructed with slide buckles instead of the standard brass wire claw buckle system for attaching the chincup which proved to be unsatisfactory in Canadian trials as they were found hard to adjust and the eyelets in the chincups had a tendancy to to tear away.
    This modification is thought to have been instituted and adopted post January of 1981 I do not recognize the dome stamp in this example but the liner webbing is nicely marked ( Liner Parachutist Helmet DLA 100 81 C3597 Specialty Plastic Products inc..) If I am reading the DLA number correctly it puts this liner as produced some time in 1981.
    The extra added bonus is the rear shock absorption pad which sole purpose was to be used during the jump for extra support is still present as on the norm they are missing.
    I was informed by an X Canadian para that these were also issued with a removable dome ring that was on the norm discarded after the jump as they were uncomfortable and held in a lot of heat on warm days I have never seen one and or can I find referance to there existance.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Hi Mark ,I've had a few questions asked on the original post i started over in the steel helmet section so I'll answer them there ,i should learn to log in on the same email i get forum notifications from Mark the Canadian para M1c is a real beaut and nothing of the likes i've seen before ,the rear neck pad reminds me of the US Pasgt parachutist upgrade
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:23 PM.

?

Thanx James I will search the helmet out over there in the steel section of the forum.

Regards Mark

?

I have wanted to add a French F-1 Para to my collection for some time but the postage costs from the EU or the UK make them rather pricey so I was quite happy to find this example a couple of weeks back out of the US it was produced by DUNOIS and is well marked and dated to 1987 .
    It shows some nice age and wear to the liner with a few small nicks,stains and small tears in the woodland cover.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Very nice example Mark ,glad you picked one up closer to home now don't quote me on this but i have a feeling your camo is not central European pattern , i believe yours was designated Corsican camo but don't quote me on that, notice yours has much more of the base colour light desert tan more like the daguet covers either way its something to research further compare here to my CCE cover and you can see a difference more in common with US woodland pattern ,i would say your cover is rarer to find than the more common CCE so a nice score there, if you ever want to part with it let me know Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the worldParachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:24 PM.

?

Many thanks James I will have to do some snooping around in regards to the pattern on the cover tonight after work .

PS. .. I did manage to win that camo painted M-1 you found for me from the United Arab Emirates I should have it in a couple of weeks or so...

Regards Mark

?

Hi James I have done some snooping around the net and have not been able to source any reference to the Corsican pattern and do not find it listed in any of my normal camo sources and or an internet search any chance you could point me in the right direction

Another recent acquisition was this Thetford Moulded light weight Parachute helmet I do believe this example to be the early production model as it is sporting a smooth surface to the exterior of the helmet body ( which interestingly enough has been camo over painted with black splotches ) and has the earlier bare metal uncoated liner retention bolts and has been fitted with the second variation three point harness.
    Upon inspection it has become clear that the cork infill's has been broken out to accommodate earphones I have not as of yet removed the inner expanded polystyrene to check to see if the Thetford label is present.

Regards Mark

Looks great Mark especially with the scrim and nbc boot off cut,glad you managed to pick one up ,i bet it wasn't to kind on the wallet either ,as for the f1 camo to be honest i don't know what the pattern designation actually is so i cant bring you any closure any time soon , i can only recall seeing an example like yours and its description of the helmet referenced 2 rep french foreign legion in Corsica whether this is a specific variation of the cce pattern for the ffl is something to further research ,but i hope you agree there is most definitely a difference between mine and yours and i know Corsica is used for training purposes by the ffl
    sorry mark its the best i can do thus far mate
    thanks James
    Last edited by James C; 03-17-2024 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling errors

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast