Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

?

Thanx for the contributions James and BG the TAP 56 is still on my wants list I have a few more para lids to contribute and will have to try and get out in the daylight tomorrow after work to take some pics...

Regards Mark

?

My compliments to James for this Romanian M-73 Para with an M-90 cover and net I needed to fill a hole in my collection..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

?

And a little sneak peak at an Argentinian M-2 Airborne helmet I am currently waiting on in the post these are extremely hard to source and I am quite pleased to add an example to my shelf the helmet and liner were produced by ( FM ) Direccion General De Fabricaciones Militares and it is how I like them showing genuine wear indicative to a field used helm I will write a proper informative post on it's arrival and once I can take a few better outdoor pics..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Argentine para helmets are rare , thats going to be a nice addition to your helmet collection! the photo of the soldiers is interesting, I never saw leather ankle supports like those before?

?

Thanx BG and yes I have been after an example for a number of years and this particular helm ticked all the right boxes as it were..The leather ankle jump supports are indeed interesting and better images can be found at the link below..

Regards Mark

Airborne Troops - Militariarg.com

Your very welcome Mark and glad to help out
    Im really looking forward to seeing your in hand pictures of the M2 airborne too
    all the best 'James

?

It has been a long wait for one of these but I have been able to finally add a French Tap 56 to my shelf
    M-1 C Variant as used by the UAE and or Saudi Arabia

Regards Mark

Quote by James C View Post
    British armed forces parachutist helmet ,note the RAF store's stock code ,mainly know as the instructor helmet ,i must add i've never seen any referance picture's to back up its use as an instructor's helmet ,it offers nothing other than bump protection , Also used by special forces "Halo pathfinder" ,perhaps allthough im not 100% certain used by the red devils in the not to distant past
    Also used by the RAF Falcons jump team, originally the big 6, all were instructors who used orange helmets of this type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And again. I have one I am wating to pick up, paid for it, it has instructors on the label but otherwise is the same as that show here, dated 1972 if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A very nice example indeed Jerry..

Regards Mark

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast