Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Peruvian M1??

Article about: Hi all Well... my most recent acquisition was supposed to clear up the Question I've had on my thought to be Chilean M1 (understandable given the Chilean camo cover it came dressed in!!)...

Default Peruvian M1??

Hi all
    Well... my most recent acquisition was supposed to clear up the Question I've had on my thought to be Chilean M1 (understandable given the Chilean camo cover it came dressed in!!)... seen on this thread..

Chilean M1 helmet

This I now believe to be a Peruvian example...

Anyway I saw another on eBay with the same looking liner.. the price was right so I pulled the trigger..... and now???.... here is my dilemma!!!
    The liner indeed has the same Peruvian apple green paint job over an EX U.S. army liner.. heated repair evidence on the cracking, and the hard wear store liner rivets.. even the Nylon 16mm webbing matrix and synthetic leather headband....but now I have the item in hand, to offer up to my other one.......annoying subtle differences have popped up!!!
    firstly my original liner's matrix is more poly-cotton than nylon!!...still 16mm, just different materiel type....variations in batches of webbing... perhaps??
    secondly... the new liners headband clamps are mostly stainless!!!(the steel type are usually in a bad way due to the local south American climate...retro fitted out of necessity ??) with just one being the painted steel, like all of those on my original liners ones!!!??? (in the pics ....the new one is the reddish brown liner, the old one is the painted green inside..)

Now the shell itself came wrapped in a U.S. issue PASGT woodland cover.. nothing unusual there... until I peeled it off..to reveal.. a strange matt black paint job?? with even stranger horizontal stripes in some kind of Tinfoil!!!!?????(see pics) these are also off centre.. so I cant see them being rank!!???
    The shell itself is also Ex U.S. issue... apart from a non standard chinstrap bail that has been bodge welded to replace a missing on no doubt!! (see pics)
    only half of the late type U.S. issue M1 chinstrap is present...also not too much of a surprise....

well like I said this one has thrown up more questions than answers...

any ideas guys!!???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peruvian M1??   Peruvian M1??  

Peruvian M1??   Peruvian M1??  

Peruvian M1??  

Modified M1 helmet liner strange
    I have one of these converted US liners. I posted my one up on the M1 forum as I had no idea what it was

Yes Ian... there a confusing one alright!!!..... I had thought that my first one was a definite Chilean helmet ..the cover camo being of that origin!!..... but im pretty sure now that the liners anyway, are Peruvian!! and I had seen on another forum...or may have even been this one!!??... another Peruvian apple green painted helmet..... over dark matt grey... but can I find it again!!!!??? hurumpf!!