Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please Identify This Helmet

Article about: I would like to know the model of the helmet worn by the soldier on the right. All I know is, it's Iranian, and it's used by the Basij. I would really like to know this helmets make and mode

Kwikkicat
    ?

Smile Please Identify This Helmet

I would like to know the model of the helmet worn by the soldier on the right. All I know is, it's Iranian, and it's used by the Basij. I would really like to know this helmets make and model.

?

Default Re: Please Identify This Helmet

I do not think Iranian helmets are an area of military artifacts that would be of common knowledge to this forum.
    The primary focus here is about WWII items.
    I am sorry.

?

I would think that this helmet is a typically "cloned" version of the M1, many countries copied the shape, added different liners , straps etc

can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?

Iranian steel helmets of the Iraq-Iran war of the 80's.They were formerly West German M-1 1956 steel helmets with the shortened brims and modified liner

West German M60 / M62 helmets were also used by the Iranians

Please Identify This HelmetPlease Identify This HelmetPlease Identify This HelmetPlease Identify This HelmetPlease Identify This HelmetPlease Identify This HelmetPlease Identify This Helmet

?

It's hard to tell but it may also be a kevlar/ballistic material clone, being thicker and lighter than the steel version.

Nitram

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved your thread to the World Steel helmets forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Nitram, looks a bit like the significantly rubbish Iraqi kevlarette M1 clone. Different rivet pattern though I think.

?

Here's a topic I posted on a similar helmet I own: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...helmet-150271/ There's more info there.

Nitram

I am inclined to go along with Nitram in his belief that this may be one of the Korean-designed Corlon helmets that seem to crop up, home made and imported, all over the place especially the Middle East. But it is very hard to tell from the photograph as enlarging it blurs the detail too much; however there are definately liner/chinstrap rivets at the midpoint of the side. But exactly how many? And the chinstrap looks different to those which I have seen elsewhere. Iranian product?

I've done a bit of a Google for the Basij and while there's a lot of stuff there are very few helmets visible. Perhaps they're such hard men they don't need them.

Kwikkicat
    ?

Thank you for all your help! I indeed learned that this is a modified German M62 helmet, with a couple modifications, Iranian chinstrap, different paint, ect.