Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

polish paratrooper helmet

Article about: here is my model 1963 paratrooper helmet ,this one is dated 1973 ,the east germans were also issued this very same helmet but i believe it was used more as a motorbike helmet ,ive also seen

Default polish paratrooper helmet

here is my model 1963 paratrooper helmet ,this one is dated 1973 ,the east germans were also issued this very same helmet but i believe it was used more as a motorbike helmet ,ive also seen pictures of special forces within the ddr with them fitted with the strichtarn cover ,nice to see its still used within the polish forces to this day polish paratrooper helmetpolish paratrooper helmetpolish paratrooper helmetpolish paratrooper helmetpolish paratrooper helmetpolish paratrooper helmetpolish paratrooper helmet

great looking set JamesC ! the cover looks like the same type used on Russian helmets with an elastic band? or is it a Polish camo cover? I might try one of my camo covers on my Polish Wz63 with a net like your display.

thank you very much battlegear ,the cover is similar to the soviet ameoba pattern ,the pattern is wz93 Pantera camo in the woodland colours ,thanks for your interest and here on display polish paratrooper helmet
    Last edited by James C; 04-17-2015 at 07:47 PM.

?

A lovely helmet James and one I have been wanting to add to my collection for some time there are an abundance of them for sale in the marketplace at any given time but most appear unissued and I would really like to add an example that shows some genuine usage and age .
    There is a very nice example for sale at the Collectors Guild and has been there for some time now but the asking price is way to much IMHO at $150,00 US.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polish paratrooper helmet  

Nice lid James. It is an interesting helmet and yours is in great condition. I am sure you know, but these were also used by Iraq during their war with Iran, and possibly after, I'm not sure. I have a relic condition shell that I believe was brought back from that region.

Very nice James and thanks for posting this

Matt

many thanks mark the example you show sure is nice ,im drawn to the scrim and i cant quite put my finger on it but ive seen romanian m73 helmets and soviet union ssch 60's with it too ,the net is most certainly east german
    thanks matt and james ,i remember your iraqi example well ,if i recall it was a pair of polish helms you posted ,did you hang onto the wz50 ? thanks james

?

Excellent example James, even more so with the correct net and Pantera cover buddy!

Saddam's Para's wore these examples too, so another Helmet related link to Gulf War era helmets...cool

Yes, it was a Wz50 and Wz63. I still have them both. Rubbish condition, great pieces of history.

A nice helmet James, and a very worthy addition to you rapidly-expanding collection of post-war helmets. Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast