Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Portuguese M1917 Helmet

Article about: Just Want to share with you This Fine looking helmet it was a bargain due to its state.

Default Portuguese M1917 Helmet

Just Want to share with you This Fine looking helmet it was a bargain due to its state.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Portuguese M1917 Helmet   Portuguese M1917 Helmet  

Portuguese M1917 Helmet   Portuguese M1917 Helmet  

Portuguese M1917 Helmet   Portuguese M1917 Helmet  

Portuguese M1917 Helmet  

Default Re: Portuguese M1917 Helmet

How much did it cost?
    Check out my YouTube Channel, CoinGrader...

Now there is a hard helmet to find!

Not so hard as you might think; examples come up on Ebay fairly often, at least compared to other Portuguese helmets like the M964 clone of the French Mle51, or the paratroop version of the 940-63 with the three-point chinstrap rig. Now *those* are hard to get. I waited long and searched hard for mine. Its very odd which helmets are actually *rare* as in genuinely hard to find. They are often not ones that are highly sought after at all, or command super-high prices. Mind you, a good example of the M16 with original liner and chinstrap - now *that* is rare.

Now of course Salonete will tell us that the para and the 964 are so common in Portugal no-one ever thinks of bothering to sell them....

Our example of the fluted M1916. Of course this example is lacking its liner.

Sure would like to get my hands on one with a liner but you don't see those too often and I don't think I could sell that deal to the wife!

Portuguese M1917 Helmet

Portuguese M1917 Helmet

Regards,

Russ & Son

Well, having a shell you are better off than me. I haven't even got that far, but then I think I'm not that keen on just getting shells alone. What's actually *very* annoying about this is that about fourteen years ago, at the first militaria fair I ever went to, a dealer had a surprisingly good condition M16 *with* original cloth liner, marked for the CDT. It was 90 UKP which was just a fraction less than the amount I had in my bank account at the time (things were not going well...). I dithered and havered and walked back and forth and looked at it again and again (no else bought it, amazingly) and eventually decided I had to be More Sensible Today. What a fool. If I had known then what I know now I would have realised that was a fantastic bargain hardly ever to be repeated. Pains me to think of it now!