Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.

Article about: the only writing on the helmet is mmor 41, im assuming it was made in 1941 and there was predictions that it was for Egypt during ww2, i myself have no clue and would love it if someone knew

Question Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.

the only writing on the helmet is mmor 41, im assuming it was made in 1941 and there was predictions that it was for Egypt during ww2, i myself have no clue and would love it if someone knew anything about it, thanks! Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-26-2016 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Edited title.

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

A British WWII civil defense helmet.

A very common helmet.

It is certainly a Zuckerman shell (although more correctly called the Civilian Protective Helmet), issued to non-military personnel in the UK during WW2.

The Wikipedia reference is useful in that it shows you the standard liner which was used on every issued helmet. What you have here is one with a very unusual liner. These helmet shells were donated to various European nations (notably the Netherlands) after WW2 and usually relined with locally made liners. This is not one of them. I have never seen this type of liner before. I do hope someone comes up with better information as I am a fan of the CPH and I'd like to know myself.

See here - .: World War Helmets - Casque Civilian Steel Helmet :. - for good comprehensive photographs of the originals, and here - .: World War Helmets - Casque Zuckerman :. - for the Dutch version.

Well I'd love to know where the design is from as the liner is very unique to any other I have seen, as a quick question though how much would you think I can sell this for?

Default what would be the selling price.

i am currently thinking of selling this helmet, what would be a suitable selling price?Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.

check eBay for pricing or facebook helmet groups.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    We are not a free evaluation service.
    We are more than happy to help you to find out what you have, but, you will have to look around on the net to find out what price may be appropriate.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yesterday there was article on the BBC website about the 1956 Suez operation The Suez Emergency: The forgotten war of the conscript soldier - BBC News which included this photo of an Egyptian auxiliary wearing one of these helmets.

Possible Egyptian British Civilian Helmet Zuckerman.

That would tie in with the label attached to the helmet, beyond that it's speculation, but for someone to label it like that assumes some knowledge of where it came from. I've not seen any other CPH with a liner like that.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Yesterday there was article on the BBC website about the 1956 Suez operation The Suez Emergency: The forgotten war of the conscript soldier - BBC News which included this photo of an Egyptian auxiliary wearing one of these helmets.
    Well, that's amazing. Actual proof that some CPH went outside Europe. Never seen the like before etc etc. Crikey, I wonder if that means that some CPH I have seen claimed to be Pakistani Army actually really are? There's more to this than we think we know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast