Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.

Article about: Hi Everyone, I'm mostly into collecting WW2 German/Hungarian field gear, Hungarian helmets...well I do have a German helmet, but I think it will be some time, before I get into german-helmet

?

Default Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.

Hi Everyone,

I'm mostly into collecting WW2 German/Hungarian field gear, Hungarian helmets...well I do have a German helmet, but I think it will be some time, before I get into "german-helmet-collecting"

Anyway...I discovered a couple of sources of post-war Hungarian helmets ( from 1949 and on, when the Hungarian army starter to copy Soviet helmets, etc.), here in Hungary - and thinking about getting some. The prices are a laugh... Most of them are between 8-15 dollars.

I was looking at this one:
    Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.

The seller has no info - he's not a millitary seller, mostly sells junk I "think" that this is a 1950s (M50?) Hungarian helmet - but maybe you guys might either confirm or deny this. The price is 10 dollars...

THX - Fabe

Default Re: Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.

Hi Fabe, you are correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

i think thats a good price for a m50. i picked up a m70 hungarian helmet over here in aus for 40bucks. the m70s have been poping up in the aussie disposals stores here.

?

Thanks for the confirm...just picked it up now.

Wow $10 i'll have one!..

That's an extraordinarily good price for very good condition M50s; keep a look out for examples that have the acceptance or makers stamps within, as not all do. Gosh, I rather envy you your good fortune.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 50 :.

?

THX, will check for stamps when arrives...
    Btw, great site!

I used to live in the USA years ago, now in the last 13 years, I've been living here in Hungary.
    Lots of pros & cons when it comes to collecting millitary stuff...
    Here in Hungary, you can find lots of stuff for really cheap price - also it's an official EU country - so shipping within Europe and UK is not bad.
    But also in the same time, it's almost impossible to order anything from the US, for the shipping prices are out-of-control.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    That's an extraordinarily good price for very good condition M50s; keep a look out for examples that have the acceptance or makers stamps within, as not all do. Gosh, I rather envy you your good fortune.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 50 :.

?

hi Guys,

any thoughts on this Hungarian M70(?) helmet?

with Hungarian tri-color stencil + F as of: "FORGALOMIRÁNYÍTÓ" ( millitary traffic-controller )

is this considered a rare type with the stencils?

I think it costs around 4800 hungarian forints ( around 15 dollars )

I kind of like this...

THX - Fabe

Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.Post-war Hungarian helmet...I think.

I do not believe that this variant is particularly rare - however, 15 dollars!!!! - that's a LOT less then my standard M70 cost me. Of course that was a few years ago when these helmets were genuinely rare in Western Europe, but really I'd say that's a pretty low price for an excellent example even now here in 2013. You're a lucky man.

?

THX, I think I might pick this up as well...
    - ok, these were never in "real" combat before - excluding the ones during the 1956 Hungarian uprising against the Soviets...and yes, they're "clones" of the Soviet type - but with better interior strappings

still, they are still pure cold-war HISTORY!

I think MOST post war (especially Eastern-Bloc) helmets get a bad rep...but I think within a few years, these wil climb up with the prices.
    ( I say this, because we are not very far from having armies with no or very minimal infantry )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast