Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet

Article about: I purchased this Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet a few days ago it was one I need to fill a hole in my collection of paratrooper helmets sorry about the images they are the sellers it is

?

Default Post War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet

I added this Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet a few days ago it was one I need to fill a gap in my collection of parachutist helmets sorry about the images they are the sellers it is still in the wind so will post better images upon its arrival.
    Possibly one of you gents could be of assistance in directing me to an informative website and or recommend a good referance book as I am having a hard time sourcing any detailed information online in regards to these helmets.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet  

?

Mark, that's a very nice pick up, not a very common helmet congratulations!
    I think the best or fastest info you are going to get will be this link .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 942/60 :.
    Steve.

?

Thanks for the reply Steve and the help it is appreciated
    I have always found the Italian M-41 M-42 and post war variant extremely interesting helmets and have wanted to add an example to my collection for some time .

Regards Mark

A seldom seen lid and very interesting!....

?

Very nice example Mark, and I would agree the French site is probably the best out there, for additional information regarding the less common/rarer models

The camo cover for these models have interesting features too, though I have never seen one for sale on the surplus market

?

Thanx Gunny and Gary I think finding an appropriate camo cover might be a daunting task and Garry I dont know why but I didn't even think to search there and I have used the site before on numerus occasions.
    Post War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet
    I ran multiple google searches in English and checked on many forums for detailed information with not much luck.

Regards Mark

?

Well today must be my lucky day Gary I contacted an Italian collector friend and he had one Camouflage cover he was willing to part with the second variation with the button on neck veil and the brown camo net with the wood toggles

Regards Mark

These do come up fairly regularly (more often they they used to in fact) on Ebay.it, at what are probably acceptable prices for para-helmet collectors. There were several Italian militaria forums with what seemed like interesting discussions of this helmet, but I've just taken a look at some and all the pics have vanished (the perils of off-site hosting). But try this one - Elmetto para' M.42/60 - it might be worth registering to see the pics and translate the comments.

Anyway, until Mark uploads some pics of his, here's some of mine.

Post War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmetPost War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmetPost War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmetPost War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmetPost War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmetPost War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet

great helmet mark and not one im familiar with so thanks for sharing with us the liner looks very comfortable ,im also glad to hear you have sourced a suitable cover to complete

?

Thanks Greg your imput is always welcome and appreciated many thanks for sharing the link and the images of your own example and as stated by you they are not overly rare but do not come up for sale on this side of the pond often and the last couple I did have an opportunity to bid on someone else must have needed them more than I and or at least was willing to pay more for them than me .
    Thanks James I am rather looking forward to adding this example to my shelf and think it will display rather well with my other parachutist helmets as to the type two cover and the net I was surprised to be able to find an example so quick I will post some better outdoor planter images on it's arrival.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast