MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)

Article about: Hello everybody, I have 5 French looking helmets I need help Identifying. I'm going to post them one after the other with the same title and a post number (like this one is Post 1). So, firs

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)

Hello everybody,
    I have 5 French looking helmets I need help Identifying. I'm going to post them one after the other with the same title and a post number (like this one is Post 1).

So, first off is I believe a french WWI M15 helmet. Not up to speed on these. I think the paint might be original however there is paint on parts of the chin strap so I'm kind of skeptical. Please tell me all you know about this helmet. An approximate value would be nice as i am trying to catalog my collection. Here we go, helmet 1

Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Sorry, we are more than happy to assist you to find out what you have but, we are not a free appraisal service.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Que
    ?

Not asking for a service. I'm not selling these helmets. I am simply looking for information from others who know more than I do. If you feel that I may be taking advantage of your "services" then please, feel free not to answer any of my posts. I truly am not looking to offend anyone or make a quick buck. I have been collecting this collection with my father, who recently gave me the collection, since the 70s. I simply want information. I also feel that knowing the value of my collection so that I have a reference to compare new items I may find to what I own. Once again, If I offended you I apologize, Im not a scalper. Do you have any information you can provide?

I'm sorry, but I do not believe the paint to be original.

Que
    ?

Harry the Mole,
    Yeah, when I saw the paint on the chin strap, I was afraid of that. Do you know what this is exactly?

I agree, looks like it was repainted (restored) or whatever they call it.

Que
    ?

Thanks guys.
    What do you think about the liner and Chin strap? Are they Original issue?

?

French infantry helmet, as the shell has been repainted it is hard to tell is the badge is a repro or not. You could try and remove it to see if it is painted underneath but you risk braking the tang if it is original.
    Liner and strap look original, the liner may not be original to the helmet as it looks too big. Shame it was painted.

Steve.

Chinstrap and liner appear original. The liner is the first pattern, and is likely to be original to the helmet. All these liners were a very close fit to the helmet. There should be four strips of corrugated aluminium between liner and shell, one to each side, and one to back and front. Are they in place?

Default French WWI M1915 Adrian

the shell shows signs of pitting under the paint, it looks like somebody restored it at some time, probably not by the French military, but it has a nice look as is

the badge looks original, I wouldnt try to inspect it or remove it, the prongs are fragile and shouldnt be removed or bent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast