Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question on Dutch, Danish and Czech black helmets..trying to update the collection accurately

Article about: Hi guys, As my collection and wisdom on helms has grown I now have a question I need some advice on. I have both a black, Danish, Dutch and Czech set of helmets. I believe the dutch is an M1

Default Question on Dutch, Danish and Czech black helmets..trying to update the collection accurately

Hi guys,

As my collection and wisdom on helms has grown I now have a question I need some advice on. I have both a black, Danish, Dutch and Czech set of helmets. I believe the dutch is an M1934, and the czech is the later thin steel issue of the m31, the Danish is the black version of the similar one they had with cork paint. Now my question is this, are any of these helmets War issue, or are they all post war. IF they are post war I am going to sell them and try to get the wartime issue, but there are no marking on them for me to be able to ID the year they were made. I know supposedly all of these were made in 1940 or after.. but how can you tell if they are after or during the war? Especially since all seem to have later civil defense liners.. you help is appreciated...I also have a question on the czech helmet specifically.. are the green ones all pre or wartime? or Are some of these green Czech helmets with the big rivets also post war?

Default Re: Question on Dutch, Danish and Czech black helmets..trying to update the collection accurately

Hello Mapuchewarrior,

Could you show us the helmets? Black helmets may be pre-war, war time or post-war. hard to tell wilthout pics!

I would gladly give you my opnion.

Cheers,
    Emile