Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay

Article about: This is a classic example of what still happens here in the US, and I am sure abroad sometimes also. Probably a war trophy, that was brought home by a WW2 US Vet, and now somehow the helmet

Default Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay

This is a classic example of what still happens here in the US, and I am sure abroad sometimes also. Probably a war trophy, that was brought home by a WW2 US Vet, and now somehow the helmet has been separated from the family of this Vet..........and on ebay

This eBay seller looks to have feedback for mostly bra's and panties and does not appear to be a militaria dealer or a collector...........So you I guess you could call this a "New to Collector Market" piece.
    This seller will probably be going on a vacation after the end of this auction. the helmet was maybe a estate or garage find? I have not asked the seller.

Here is the link below......... already almost $5000...I wonder how high it would go if it had the liner?

I admire and like the way a couple of the prospective buyers of lookers emailing her about the helmet, have told her not to give in to a side offer, and end the auction early to a "Scumbag" dealer.

Regards, Steve

WW2 German Helmet, original decals, Italian RARE - eBay (item 110531368436 end time May-20-10 18:26:51 PDT)

I am not so sure about it being "connected" to Mussolini as was mentioned....other than being Italian and WW2.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay   Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay  

Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 05-21-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Default Re: Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay

winning bid US $15,100.00

looks like a few shill bidders bid the price up at the end

Quote by battle gear View Post
    winning bid US $15,100.00

looks like a few shill bidders bid the price up at the end
    whatever happened..... 5***u "1506" just had to have it. The privates and 0 feedback bidders are odd, but maybe not shill bidders. It's hard to tell now the way it is set up.

the price tripled at the end went from around $5,000 to $15,100

I think the buyer is going to have remorse about this helmet

the 0 feedback bidders & private bidder look very suspicious to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay   Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay  

Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay   Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay  

Last edited by battle gear; 05-21-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the price tripled at the end went from around $5,000 to $15,100

I think the buyer is going to have remorse about this helmet

the 0 feedback bidders & private bidder look very suspicious to me

Wasn't watching, was eating dinner instead. Thats a pretty big jump though. Maybe a museum bought it.

That is nuts...............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The price is really beyond my imagination, but according to some italian collectors on a local forum the helmet was Ok and very rare too. Indeed well paid.
    Regards

Matt

Warelics Militaria Collectibles German Helmets

VERY RARE, PRE-1943, WW II ITALIAN ARMY PARATROOPER HELMET

War Relics has one complete with liner & chin straps for $1,650.00

Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare Italian Paratrooper Helmet...eBay 

crazy price blimy ok...so whats the differences between the wartime version of this pattern which was used during the war and post war years i believe.
    without discussing the obvious stencilled badges !!! ;-)

?

Local aviation museum has one of those on a post-war uniformed mannequin, don't know if it's a wartime or post war one. Apparently the webbing for Italian paratroopers is so complex they had to phone one in to set it up for them on the mannequin.

Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast